Wondering About Facelift- How Painful? Do I Need To Treat My Eyelids Too? (photo)

im a 47y.o with lower eye bags and jowls starting, im considering lower bleph and one surgeon i spoke with suggested a standard lift for correction of jowls and overall sagginess. im open to any input. How much pain is involved with a facelift and lower bleph

Facelift - Wondering...How Painful? Do I Need To Treat My Eyelids Too?

+2

Facelifts are, in general, surprisingly pain-free.  You may have some tightness (you actually WANT that feeling immediately post-op), you may have some bruising, swelling, lumps, etc - but those are temporary.  And there tends not to be much pain.

I think you would benefit from a facelift (ie, lower face and neck lift), upper and lower eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) and possibly some enhancement (filler or fat injection) to your mid-face.  Based on the photo that's included I think you would have an excellent result with that combination.

You should, of course, have all of this confirmed with an in-person consultation.  Or even a few of them.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Facelift and bilateral upper and lower lid blepharoplasty

+2

Thank you for the question and photos. Yes, a facelift, necklift with platysmaplasty, and upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty would improve your appearance. Please make sure you go to a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to review all of your options.

Good luck

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Pain after facelift

+2

Thank you for your question and photo. Yes, it appears that you would benefit from a facelift, lower lid bleph and possible upper lid bleph with or without a modified endoscopic browlift. The recovery is about a week and socially unacceptable for about 10 days. My patients report minimal discomfort that is well controlled with pain medication.

Facelift with upper and lower eyelid surgery would give complete correction.

+2

Thank you for your photo.  It shows you would benefit from a facelift - to smooth your neck and eliminate your jowls to give you back a sharp smooth jawline.  A facelift would also recreate the more triangular facial shape of youth.  Your lowers lid bags would be removed and I also feel your upper lids could benefit greatly from removal of the hooded skin to give your eyes a more alert and refreshed look and a better balance with your rejuvenated face and lower eyelids.  These surgeries have very little pain associated with them.  Most of my patients take only Tylenol after their surgery with some cool compresses on the areas of surgery.  Recovery is typically 7 - 10 days.

Facelift/ Eyelid surgery

+2

Dear patient, judging by your picture, you are a candidate for a face and brow lift. It is difficult to tell from the picture you provided, whether or not you have excess skin on your eyelids (that can be dtermined at time of your consultation) Normally there should only be minor discomfort following a facelift. 

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and blepharospasm

+2

From looking at your photo, it does seem that you are an excellent candidate for a facelift. As far as the eyelids are concerned I think you actually need both upper and lower lids done. Most of my patients are amazed at how little pain there is with this operation. Many don't even take any pain medicine after surgery. It may be helpful to you to speak with other people who have undergone this procedure. I have many past patients who are happy to discuss their experience with prospective patients. Ask the plastic surgeon you go to if he or she has a few patients who are willing to talk with you. This will go a long way to ease your mind about the procedure.

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/face/facelift/

Eyelid lift or facelift?

+2

Based on your photographs, I think an upper and lower blepharoplasty would give you a great result. I would also add Radiesse or another soft tissue filler to your cheeks, nasolabial fold and jowls. Wait to have a face lift until you absolutely need it.

Time for a facelift?

+2

it looks from your pictures that you would get a great result from a facelift. Your skin looks healthy and you have moderately early signs of aging. You could probably do well with a short scar type of lift which limits the amount of scars you have behind your ears. Be careful of short cuts as they don't tend to last very long. If you were to really consider going forward you might also think about your upper lids and/or brow. I suggest this in order to get the most balanced and best results for what I see in your photo.

Pain can be controlled easily after a facelift

+2

First things first.  You are right to consider doing something about the lower eyelids if you are going to have a facelift.  But I would encourage you to consider having the hooding taken from your upper eyelids at the same time.  it's just as easy to recover from this surgery as it is having just the lower eyelids done.  And having them done at the same time as a facelift means you can recover simultaneously without more pain.

Pain from these operations is related to swelling and bruising.  While it is unpredictable it is easily controlled with simple medications.  And recovery might be easier and faster than you might think.

Get more than one consultation from Board Certified Plastic Surgeons so that you can be sure you are doing the right thing.

Facelift and pain

+2

In general ,face lift and eyelid surgery do not cause a lot of pain.  I will often do both at the same time, because treating one area and not the other "unbalances" the face.