Do Doctors Charge Different Fees for a Returning Customer?

I had breast augmentation done a few years ago and had too big of implants put in. So I had them removed and went back to my A size. They were removed by a different doctor. At the time over a year ago, I thought I didn't want them anymore but it has left me with loose skin-I'm looking to implant small (100-150cc) narrow chest with implants to fill that space up and wanted to know if doctors charge a little less for surgery fee if returning to them especially since I have this issue?

Pricing is often done by patient coordinator.

+1

Each doctor has different pricing guidelines.  The best thing to do is speak to the patient coordinator. 

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Doctors and fees

+1

Each doctor is a bit different in how they handle "repeat customers."  You should talk to the doctor's office to find out their policy.

Fees for returning patients

+1

I cannot speak for other surgeons, however in my practice I do provide discounted rates for returning patients. Consult with your plastic surgeon and ask if this is the case in their practice. At the very least, you should get an estimate of cost which will help you with your decision.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Returning Patients Usually Are Charged Less

+1

It is hard to speak for all surgeons, but for the most part, surgeons will charge a reduced fee for returning patients.  How much just depends on the individual surgeon.  The best thing to do is talk with your surgeon and get an estimate.  Then compare it to other surgeons in the area that are good surgeons, and see how it compares.  Sometimes a returning patient's fee from one doctor is still higher then a new patient with another.  It is worth researching. I hope this helps.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

+1

Regarding: "Do Doctors Charge Different Fees for a Returning Customer?
I had breast augmentation done a few years ago and had too big of implants put in. So I had them removed and went back to my A size. They were removed by a different doctor. At the time over a year ago, I thought I didn't want them anymore but it has left me with loose skin-I'm looking to implant small (100-150cc) narrow chest with implants to fill that space up and wanted to know if doctors charge a little less for surgery fee if returning to them especially since I have this issue
?"

Surgeons, like other well-trained professionals, set their fees according to the complexity of the surgery and the length of the recovery period. Putting breast implants in is a much simpler (often cheaper) procedure than exchanging them, removing scar tissue around them or lifting and enlarging them.

Despite overwhelming pressure to do otherwise, we still think of and refer to the people that entrust their lives and well-beings to as as PATIENTS not as clients or customers.

Many surgeons DO appreciate patient loyalty and "return business" and may reduce their fees accordingly. Although it is not clear to me WHICH of the two surgeons you are planning on returning to, the original surgeon who put the implants in or the one who removed them. You would probably do better with the latter.

Dr. Aldea

Fees for Secondary Surgery

+1

The fees charged for secondary surgeries vary widely among different surgeons from a steep discount to a full charge.  This is something that ideally should be discussed at the time of the initial consultation so that everyone is "on the same page".

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.