I am wondering if a crescent lift along with a large silicone or saline implant is possible?

I am a 31 year old mother of two. I have barely any breast tissue(no fat or volume at all) and am really hoping to avoid the scars of a full mastopexy. My actual goals are mainly fullness and cleavage. Would a crescent lift be enough coupled with a large implant? I barely fill a 36b and would like to end up with a full D cup. Also I am located in Sarasota, Fl. and have a budget of around $6,000.00. I really appreciate any and all input you can give me. Thank you
Here is a link to help you find a doctor in your area

Crescent lift?

+3
Hello, thanks for sharing your pictures.
you definitely don't have a lot breast tissue to cover the implant. 
I don't think a crescent lift really works.
Granted it's difficult to tell from pictures without a really physical exam.
I think that your nipples sit low on your breast. So like you probably where thinking you ideally need a vertical lift and then you can use an appropriate size implant. This way you wouldn't have to go to very large implant. Remember larger implants thin the skin more and are easily palpable. Then a few years down the line you are unhappy. The other thought would be after an evaluation in person with a plastic surgeon to see if you can have a periareolar lift with an augmentation. That will avoid the vertical scar but that really needs an in person consultation. 
I hope this helps good luck

Question about a breast lift

+3
It does appear that your main issue is volume deficiency, therefore you may be a candidate for an augmentation alone.  Final decision to be made upon the physical examination and further discussion.  However, with regards to your question about a 'crescent' lift, I have found these to be of little to no use as this technique does not really lift the breast.  Again, I believe in your case it will be possible to have an augmentation without a lift or with a minimal lift technique to minimize the incisions / scars.  

Sean A. Simon, MD

How to treat a thin breast shape.

+2
Thanks for your question.   There are some occasions when large implants will not create the shape that is attractive or suitable.  I think this may be one of those circumstances.  Your breast tissue is very thin, and you do have a degree of sagging that may require a full lift, not a crescent type of lift.  A crescent lift can balance the height of one areola to the other, but certainly would not give you what you want, I believe.

Ask a local Plastic Surgeon what may be best for you,  but if you have any doubts about the advice get several opinions.  I would definitely advise you not to use large implants, however.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Breast lift and crescent excision

+2
Judging from your photos, a crescent lift will be inadequate.  I generally do not use a crescent lift to "lift" the breast.  This maneuver typically does not lift the breast much, but does create an oblong shape to the areola.  I sometimes use a crescent excision to adjust areolar shape.

For a small lift, a circum-areolar scar can be used.  For patients who need a significant lift, a circumvertical (lollipop) or anchor scar will be required for a good result.

Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon for any cosmetic breast surgery.  

Joshua Lampert, MD

Crescent lift?

+1
A crescent lift is not a good idea for you. You have a large amount of excess skin.  A breast lift with at least lollipop shaped scars or anchor pattern, in addition to implants, will give you the best outcome. It should cost substantially more than $6,000. Good luck

David Stoker, MD

Mastopexy? Crescent Lift? Breast Augmentation?

+1
I undertstand your concern regarding a traditional mastopexy perfomed through an anchor incision. However, in my humble opinion, this is what you need to have done. The picure you submitted taken from the side view is very telling. Looking at how much breast tissue lies below your inframmary fold strongly indicates that you will never achieve the lift with either a crescent or just a breast augmentation. I feel you will very disappointed and not achieve your goals.

I would suggest a an anchor type mastopexy with the use mof 300-325 cc silicone gel implants. It is important that you ealize that you have very little breast tissue available for coverage of the implant and therefore if you use saline implants your chances of having rippling are much increased and sure to happen. As you know this is when the actual implant forms folds and pleats that are palpable and in your case readily visible.

Sometimes it is best to accept mthe additional scars in exchnage for a prettier, firmer and more round breast shape. Always seek out the opnion of a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in cosmetic breast surgery. Good luck.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Crescent lift with aug

+1
Looking at your pictures you might be able to do a donut mastopexy with a silicone impalnt.The less breast tissue you have the more important silicone becomes.Salin is cheaper but with very little breast tissue you probably won't be happy with it.I know I and many palstic surgeons will offer fiancing as well.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Avoid inadequate crescent lift

+1
I understand your desire to avoid a mastopexy. The traditional mastopexy technique results in ugly vertical scars, which women find unacceptable. For that reason, a new technique was developed called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection. Implants can be added at the same time if desired. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Crescent lift and breast implants will not give you the best result

+1
Thank you very much for your question and photographs.  A crescent lift will not be adequate to place your nipple areola into a proper location and allow for a sub-muscular breast augmentation.

Do not believe those who say that it will because you will be left with permanent pleating of skin around the areola.

Please do not be concerned about the scarring necessary with a Lollipop or Ankle or breast lift as my patients or so happy with the shape of their breasts that they do not worry about the scars.  The scars heal well become indistinct and 31 years I have never had a patient complaining about the scars and not be happy that they chose to have the proper breast lift.

It is very important that you choose a proper sized implant and do not try to go to peak.  Implants larger than 350 cc in patients with your situation can increase complications and look to be in most cases.Please read the link below to see how scars can heal so well after proper breast lifting.

It is crucial that you find a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, very experienced in breast lift surgery, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.  Please do not make the mistake shopping for Price.  Generally speaking a combination breast lift and breast augmentation will cost closer to $10,000 or possibly more for the best surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Despite the implant choice you have very little soft tissue coverage!

+1
I would put your implant behind your muscle but only and in person consult could answer the question you have regarding a lift.  Please go to the Smart Beauty Guide for more information and experienced surgeons in your area.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS