I'm wondering id I might be a candidate to have this extra skin removed (photo)

I've always been small 95 to 105 and 5'1" I've had 4 C-sections with little issue od overhang. My thyroid decided to revolt and I gained 60 pounds in 6 weeks my highest weight was 174. I've lost between 45 to 55 pounds (it fluxgates). But, I now have an overhang of about 2 to 3 inches and get severe rashes and blisters that wont heal I've tried everything and even went to a dermatologist for help. The rt side of my scar also feels like it's ripping at times. Advice please.

Excess skin

+1
Thank you for your question. From your  photo, it appears that there are two issues. (1) excess skin, (2) stretched abdominal wall muscles. This is best addressed with surgery to removed the skin and tighten the  muscle. Your options are an extended  min-abdominoplasty or possibly a full abdominoplasty with liposculting of the upper abdominal fat...Both  procedures would provide the result that you desire, as additional weight loss and  abdominal exercises, although helpful, will not achieve your goals

Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Do I need skin removal from my abdomen to look my best?

+1
I do believe that you will need skin removal, as you have some overlap of the skin in the lower abdomen. The procedure that I would choose for you would be a mini–tummy tuck with liposuction of your abdomen. Providing you do not have a separation of your rectus muscles, this would give you a flat abdomen without your present overlap of skin at the bottom. And, the recovery would not be long or particulartly painful. I do prrefer the "Tickle lipo" for these procedures. Good luck with your procedure. I'm sure you will be elated.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck - removal of excess skin

+1
From what I can see on your photos, you are a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery also known as Abdominoplasty.  Research a board certified plastic surgeon and request a consultation.  An in person consult is extremely helpful in reviewing your body details for your safest and best result.  Best Wishes!!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Candidate for Tummy Tuck

+1
With the excess abdominal skin you have and the symptoms of rashes, you are almost certainly a candidate for a tummy tuck.  See a plastic surgeon who does a lot of abdominal rejuvenation.  Make certain that wherever the surgery is planned, it is certified and that you're anesthesia is supervised by a board certified anesthesiologist.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for skin removal.

+1
I believe that there a a few procedures which could benefit you. I would recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon who performs these procedures regularly and start with a consultation.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Candidate to get rid of extra skin

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
Judging by your photos you would likely benefit from having a Tummy Tuck along with some liposuction. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Candidate to have extra skin removed?

+1
There are a variety of surgical procedures or combinations that can produce good results in patients with abdominal laxity, depending on multiple factors including their anatomy and degree of desired improvement: A mini tummy tuck, an umbilical float modified tummy tuck, a full abdominoplasty. Each of these can be performed with or without liposuction. They produce different degrees of improvement. Generally the best result in a patient after significant weight loss is achieved with a full tummy tuck. 

Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without taking a full medical history (your thyroid level needs to be stabilized), examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck needed. Limited procedure gives limited results

+1
You are a candidate for a standard tummy tuck.  A mini TT or limited procedure will result in mini happiness if any.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon