Which Form of Breast Reduction is Best?

I Am Wondering What Would Be the Best Breast Reduction Surgery for Me, I Am 5'4 About 170lbs. I Have Severe Back and Shoulder pain. When I remove my bra i have deep indentions in my shoulders. I also tend to slouch because of how heavy the breasts are. My bra size is 40DDD or larger not sure im wearing the correct bra size.. Thank you

Best Breast Reduction

+4

There isn't a single best way to do a breast reduction, it all depends on the size and shape of the natural breast as well as the amount of reduction that is desired. 

• Liposuction Reduction is a good choice for a patient with very little droop who wants a 1 to 1.5 cup reduction
  • Minimal Scar Reduction by a peri areolar or lollipop incision is a good choice for a patient with moderate droop who wants minor or major reduction
  • Standard Incision Reduction by and anchor scar may be necessary for a patient with moderate to severe droop who desires a minor or major reduction with as much lift as possible.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Vertical Scar, Medial Pedicle Breast Reduction is Great.

+3

The best form is that which your surgeon recommends.  Do 3 consultations.  I like the Hall Findley vertical reduction with a medial pedicle.  Call her office in British Columbia and she will send you info.  She has done 4000 + breast reductions.  I believe she would do a vertical scar with medial pedical reduction.  This is the modern short scar method.  Do your homework.  There is no rush.  I would do the verticle scar medial pedicle for you and I think this would please both of us.  Good Luck.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

PHOTOS: Breast reduction incisions

+3

There are numerous breast reduction options avaialble. The most popular remains the vertical and horizontal approach. This would probably achieve the best result.

Fresno Breast Reduction

+3

Hello and thank you for the question. 

You are certainly a candidate for a breast reduction. For optimal results, I would recommend a wise-pattern reduction utilizing a superior pedicle with an auto-augmentation. My recommendation would be to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your region for an evaluation. 

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Breast Reduction Type?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

You may be an excellent candidate for a full breast reduction procedure ( probably a traditional Wise pattern in my hands);  breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

The resulting scar is around the areola,  vertical and horizontally at the level of the inframammary fold.

Breast Reduction - Which Procedure is Best for Me?

+2

Hi Fresno4368,

There's no absolute answer to that...part of the reason that there are so many choices for a procedure such as this is that no one procedure is "correct."  Instead, there are, as always, many different ways to accomplish the  same result.

I often favor the Inferior Pedicle Breast Reduction since I'm comfortable with what I believe is a generally excellent record of maintaining nipple sensitivity, and an overall good blood supply.  I have seen many nice results with this technique.  It does result in an anchor-shaped pattern, but that will generally be required for larger breasts and/or more sagging.

There are, of course, other methods...and, in fact, you should probably have consultations with one or more plastic surgeons (you can find one at surgery dot org if you do not otherwise know one).  By far the best way for you to learn what you need to is to see a plastic surgeon....AFTER you've done some more research online.  Using sites such as surgery dot org and plasticsurgery dot org, as well as others, you can read about the basic procedures so that when you meet with your plastic surgeon you'll know a little more about what he or she wants to discuss with you.  And that way you can make an informed decision.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Best Breast Reduction

+2
There are many different surgical techniques described to reduce breast size. The most popular are the Wise pattern (or upside down T) and the Lejour or vertical scar (also known as a lollipop). The "best" procedure for you depends upon your anatomy and your individual goals.

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Best breast reduction

+2

While there are many techniques and names for breast reduction procedures, most achieve similar results. In your case, a skin excision that results in an "upside down T" scar may be best. A consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon can guide you to the right choice

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

What type of breast reduction surgery technique is best?

+2

There are a variety of breast reduction surgery techniques that I perform, so the choice is determined by the patient individual anatomy and goals.

Your breasts are quite pendulous (hanging) so you need a breast reduction surgery technique that substantially  lifts the breast, and removes the amount of the breast skin and breast tissue to achieve the size you want.

Your plastic surgeon will discuss the options with you at your consultation.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Breast reduction

+2

From the photos that you posted, it looks like you may be a good candidate for either a wise pattern reduction ( "T" incision) or a vertical reduction ( Lollipop incision)