Wondering if I Should Get a Breast Reduction. I'm Pregnant but Plan to Workout After? (photo)

I am 19 years old and currently 8 months pregnant, I know pregnancy changes your body alot but it hasnt been very much for me. A year before pregnancy I was 5'6 1/2 tall, 34 E breast, and weighed 143 pounds. Even then I was in pain and very uncomfortable with my breasts. I am now 5'6 1/2 tall (of coarse), 36G breast, and weigh 162 pounds. My breasts have gained more weight which increased pain in back and even more sagging of the breast, nipples seem lower now. I was thinking maybe a D cup?

Wait 6-12 Months Following Pregnancy & 3-6 Months Following Lactation Before Thinking About Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

Significant changes occur in the breasts during and after pregnancy. For these reasons it’s not possible to make decisions about breast surgery for at least six to twelve months following pregnancy and three to six months following lactation. At this point, decisions regarding shape can be made more accurately.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast red post partum

+1

I would wait before I would commit to anything especially in light of your pregnancy.Wait till after you nurse if you choose to do so.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction after pregnancy

+1

At this point there is no reason to be evaluated for your potential breast reduction.  You should have the baby, and wait 6 months to 1 year after pregnancy to be evaluated.  

Hello

+1

To be able to determine whether you even need a reduction is to wait till your done breast feeding at least 3 months after you’re done. Working out could decrease your breast size, but you won’t be able to see that till after the pregnancy and once your done breast feeding.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Wondering if I Should Get a Breast Reduction. I'm Pregnant but Plan to Workout After?

+1

Thanks for the question and posted photo. Best to wait til you are finished breast feeding or haste recovered from the pregnancy, like 3 to 6 months. Than seek in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. Best to you on the pregnancy 

Breast reduction after pregnancy

+1

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

When you have finished with children and breast feeding and have achieved a stable post-partum weight see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an opinion.  What you should be seeking is a balanced figure with good skin/volume proportions.  This may involve a lift, a reduction, or an augmentation with or without a lift, all depending on what you have left at the end of breast feeding and weight loss.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

After delivery, get back down to your ideal weight before making a decision

+1

You may very well decide to undergo a breast reduction procedure after your pregnancy, however you will need to make some decisions.  If you are planning on breast feeding your will obviously have to wait for that process to complete before your procedure.  I would also encourage you to get down to your ideal weight before doing so.  Your breast reduction results will be better but also if you do lose weight down the road your breast size and shape may become less than ideal for you at that time.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Reduction

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a breast reduction per your picture. I would recommend waiting at least 6 months after you stop breast feeding and return to your pre pregnancy weight, good luck with yur pregnancy 

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Congratulations on your  pregnancy and the ability to maintain a healthy weight during your pregnancy. At some point, you may be an excellent candidate for  breast reduction/lifting surgery.

Breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin  this operation reduces and lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall. By doing so, patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to form their activities of daily living and exercise.

Timing of the operation will depend on the patient's life circumstances. In general, it is best to do this procedure ( like all other elective body contouring the stages,  when patients have reached their long-term stable weights.  In doing so, improve the safety of the procedure and minimizes the need for further surgery ( in the event of weight gain/loss after the breast reduction procedure).

If at all possible, it is best to wait until after completing all pregnancies before undergoing breast reduction surgery. Again, doing so will minimize the chances that patients will require further surgery after pregnancy related breast changes.  

Best wishes for the remainder of your pregnancy ( get as much sleep as you can now).

Breast reduction and pregnancy

+1

Thank you for the question and the photo. From the information you provided I think you are a good candidate for breast reduction. After delivery and breast feeding your breast will continue to change. You may want to wait for 6 months after pregnancy before considering surgery and longer if you plan to beast feed. This would give time for the breast to return to pure pregnancy size. I wish you all the best.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD