I Am Wondering if a Breast Lift Will Do Me Any Good?

I have 2 children and I breast fed both of them. I would like to have a smaller areola and get rid of the sagging, also to have a better shape to the breast, but would prefer to not have implants done. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Perfect candidate

+3
Lifting or mastopexy is exactly what you need. You can also avoid implants if you are willing to lose a bit of volume with the lift. Photo looks like a full C cup...with lifting some skin and tissue is removed, the areola diameter is reduced, the breast tissue is sutured, shaped and raised on your chest. The volume is necessarily reduced but minimally if you prefer to remain full. You can expect to be a smaller C cup or very full B.

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for lift

+1

Thanks for your question. You are a very good candidate for the lift alone or with an implant.  The best way to evaluate ptosis (sag) is by physical exam but a picture can give a preliminary idea. The best picture is a side profile. In general breast lifts are done to not only raise the nipple but also to raise the breast tissue to a more natural youthful position. Of course, the key to a great breast lift is patient selection and technique selection. Areolar lifts are generally good for women with good skin quality, breast tissue reasonably placed and a nipple/areola that are sagging no more than 2 cm. Once the breasts sag past that point, it is necessary to perform a lollipop lift which not only repositions the sagging breast tissues but also the nipple and areola. The final and most aggressive lift is an anchor lift which places both a vertical and horizontal incision. Again the determinant is the degree of sagging, skin quality and amount of breast tissue. Last, if there is a deficiency in breast tissue, an augmentation can be done either together with the lift or as separate procedures. Make sure you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon get get specifics on your situation.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Breast Lift Candidate?

+1

Based on your pictures,  the description of your goals,  and your life circumstances you may be an ideal candidate for breast lifting surgery. Ideally,  this procedure is done for patients who are interested in lifting their breasts without necessarily increasing breast size. It is best done when patients are at a long-term stable weight and have completed pregnancies.

Most patients undergoing this procedure will accept scarring as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met.

Make sure you do your due diligence and select a plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the results you are looking for.

Breast lift candidate

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a mastopexy which, while lifting the breast, can also reduce the size of the areolae and make them symmetrical.  The decision on whether to have implants is completely personal but you do not need them and would do fine without them in terms of size and shape.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

You are a very good candidate for breast lift!

+1

An experienced plastic surgeon will be able to assess you and tell you which breast lift technique will best. After performing thousands of breast surgeries, I have found that experience matters. You appear to be a perfect candidate for a breast lift surgery. An individualized breast lift will reduce your areola and improve the shape of your breasts.

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

Excellent Breast Lift Candidate

+1

You are the textbook candidate for a breast lift!!   As long as you are happy with your current cup size, a breast lift will reduce your areola diameter, improve your overall shape, and get rid of the excess skin.   I use a parenchymal (breast tissue) reshaping technique which allows for a longer lasting result and can also give the upper pole fullness associated with an implant, if the patient desires.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Lift After Pregnancy and Breast Feeding

+1

If you like the size of your breasts post pregnancy, a breast lift will give you a tightening of the skin, and a lifitng of the nipple areolar complex to a higher place to give you a perkier look.

However, if you liked that your breasts were fuller during pregnancy, you may also want to consider a breast augmentation at the same time.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Breast Lift

+1

A breast lift is definitely an option for you.  As long as you are happy with your current volume, a breast lift will reduce your areola diameter, tighten up the sagging/loose skin, and help lift up your breast tissue to a higher volume. 

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

VIDEO and PHOTOS: Breast lift without implants

+1

The patient in the video below presented to me with similar requests and this is possible but results will vary by patient.

Breast lift gets excellent results with or without implants.

+1

Your picture demonstrates a large amount of native breast tissue.  If you do not want to be larger, a breast lift will give you an excellent result.  The procedure resizes and repositions the areola.  Excess skin is excised and the breast is reshaped to look youthful.