Wondering if my Breast Will Grow to my Desired Size

Hi, I'm a 35 years old, with two kids age 10 and 6 years old. I just had a mommy makeover (tummy tuck and breast augmentation) a month ago. Prior to my surgery, I was a 34AA, 5' 4" and 118 Lbs. The surgeon asked me repeately what size I wished to get. I always wanted to have big breast as big as size C. He said, ok. I got saline HP Natrelle 240cc. I'm not happy at all because I see that my breast are too small and not what I expected to get. He keeps on saying they'll grow to size C. Please help

Breasts will not grow after surgery

+2

No, your breasts will not grow after surgery (unless you have a serious weight gain).  Choosing the correct implant size before surgery takes some experience.  Your breast size, chest width, and skin tightness may limit what will fit and look natural.  Remember, bra size is not the same as breast size (different fit and labels).  You should discuss your concerns with your doctor.

Breassts "growing "after implants

+2

You plastic surgeon is not being truthful. You breast will definitely not grow any more. Have him remove and replace the smaller implants with larger ones for no charge.

Howard T. Bellin, MD

Breasts will not grow any more one month after breast implants

+2

How to pick breast implant size and shape:

1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.

5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Augmented Breasts do NOT "grow"

+2

I am sorry for your predicament.

A few comments. For a natural, minimal rippling result Plastic surgeons are restricted to using implants which can be covered by the patient's soft tissues. Putting larger implants in would mean the the ripples exhibited by all breast implants (saline worse than silicone gel) would be palpable and visible.

In your case, I would have advised you to choose a silicone gel implant which would feel softer and allow more latitude in placing a larger implant.

Lastly, augmented breasts do NOT grow with time. (Did you have your surgery with a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery.org)? ) As the surgical swelling subsides the breasts soften and slightly drop in volume and with time as some of the breast tissue naturally goes away there may be further loss in breast volume.

Dr. Aldea

Results post breast augmentation surgery

+1

At one month post-op breast augmentation surgery, your breasts have not fully settled. I ask my patients to wait to see results at about 3 months prior to considering revisionary surgery. In some cases, the breasts may look larger once they have softened and settled into the pocket. Clear communication with your plastic surgeon is important in achieving the desired goals of the patient.  I like to communicate with patients with “goal” pictures.  During surgery, I use temporary sizers to determine the size/profile that will give the patient the look she is looking for. Trying to predict the size of the implant preoperatively is not ideal.  I think it is too much responsibility for the patient to choose the size of the implant.  Ideally, the surgeon would make that determination once he/she is in the operating room with sizers in and examining the patient in the upright and supine position.  There are many variables that come into play when choosing the correct implant size (how much breast tissue the patient currently has, the shape of the chest wall (concave vs. convex), etc..

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.

Breast implant size

+1

Sorry to tell you that your breasts will NOT grow to your desired size.  You are one month out from your breast augmentation. If anything, your breasts may decrease in size slightly.  Given your height and weight, 240HP seems pretty small to to give you a C cup size.  You will likely need another surgery to get you to your desired size.  I would wait couple months prior to your second surgery, though.

Sugene Kim, MD

Breasts will not grow

+1

Your breasts will not grow into a larger size after having implants placed.  But I would give yourself more time to heal before considering a revision.

Breast implants do not become larger with Mommy Makeover

+1

Unless you plan on gaining significant weight or this is an integrated expander/implant, I don't see how your breasts wil increase in size. In fact, it is more likely that they will diminish in size and volume as the swelling resolves.

Breast augmentation

+1

Sorry to hear that surgery did not leave you with the results you expected.  Barring much weight gain, your breasts are unlikely to grow one month following breast augmentation.  Furthermore, a 240 cc implant is relatively small and is rarely chosen in my practice.  This leaves you with the question of what to do.  I personally would give this situation some time.  On the positive side, in my experience, smaller implants are associated with fewer complications and tend to last longer than their larger counterparts.  Large implants distort the natural breast and can expedite ptosis (droopiness).  Best of luck!

Jason R. Hess, MD

Breast size after breast augmentation

+1

Although there are some changes that may be reasonably expected to occur after breast augmentation, growth of the breasts is not likely after one month. There may be some increase in the size of your breasts if you gain a significant amount of weight, but this is unpredictable. Neither saline nor silicone implants themselves increase in size with time.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD