I Am Wondering if Breast Augmentation Using Your Own Fat is Safe and Effective?

I am 5ft 2 " tall and 105 pounds. I have breast fed four children. My breasts were a perfect and pert 34 B before the kids and they are now a very saggy and deflated 34 A. I don't want bigger breasts. I'm even willing to keep the A cup. I just want them full again. Is a breast augmentation using my own fat a viable option for me?

Breast augmentation with fat transfer is still contraversial

+1

Dear Ive,

You may benefit from a new technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift. It is a revolutionary technique that uses your excess skin to reshape your existing breast tissue. Since you did not provide photos, I encourage you to view my photo gallery to see if you find someone with similar dimensions as yours. You may be pleasantly surprised. As of now, transferring fat to the breast area has not been very successful. Risks and complications associated with fat transfer to the breast include: fat necrosis, fat calcification that can be mistaken for breast cancer, contour irregularities, repeat regrafting, etc, etc.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Is Breast Augmentation Right for You?

+1

Because you do not wish for a drastic increase in cup sizes, breast augmentation using your own fat is a very viable option for you. Since your own fat is used there is no risk of rejection from your body, and the procedure can be done with minimal scarring. To undergo this procedure you must have extra, unwanted fat in your thighs, abdominals, or on your waistline. If you are seriously considering this procedure you should schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that performs this procedure.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Fat transfer to fix sagging breasts not likely to work

+1

If the breasts are really "saggy" (sometimes people tell me they are saggy and they are not, but they are deflated) fat injections will not fix the problem.  Nor will implants alone.  You would "need" a breast lift too.  I do not do fat injections into the breasts on cosmetic patients, they are too controversial at this point.  Best of luck to you.

James E. Chappell, MD

Fat Transfer to the Breasts and Sagging

+1

Fat grafting to the breasts is a greatly disputed procedure. Until there are more consistent results, it is not a procedure I would recommend. However, to address the sagginess you will need a breast lift. Surgeons would generally agree that neither breast implants nor fat injections would correct significant sagging. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Can my fat be used to enhance my breasts?

+1

The use of fat for breast enlargement remains a controversial topic: whilst seemingly too good to be true (lose fat from where you don't want it and put it where you do) serious safety issues have not been resolved. The most important issue is that we cannot be certain that fat transfer to the breast does not have any bearing on the development of breast cancer. There are studies looking into this at present, but no firm conclusions have been reached.

Other concerns about the misinterpretation of mammograms and lesser issues, now that trained radiologists are getting better and understanding the differences between the appearance of breast cancer and of scarring in the breast from previous surgery or even fat transfer.

I hope this helps - personally, I would not recommend it at the moment...

Marc Pacifico, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting to Breast and Buttocks

+1

Fat grafting to the breast is a controversial subject.  The fat can confuse the interpretation of mammograms.  

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast Augmentation With Fat Injection

+1

Fat injection into the breast has always been a very controversial area, although it is somewhat less so now than 5-10 years ago.  The other problem is that you state that your breasts are "very saggy".  Neither an implant nor fat injection will correct significant sagging.

John Whitt, MD