How Can I Tell Which Areas the Doctor Did Lipo?

I got a tummy tuck that included lipo of flanks, inner & outter thighs. The Dr. marked the areas before surgery. After surgery a nurse told me I didn't have to worry about my back because nothing was done there. At one of my post op appts I asked the Dr. why he didn't do lipo on that area & he said he did, he just did it from the tummy tuck incission. I had bruises and pain on my thighs where the lipo was done. Wouldn't there be brusies and pain on the flanks if there was lipo done there?

Liposuction

+1

Whether or not the doctor did liposuction on your back is a discussion you should have with him. You can approach regions of the flank. back from the abdominal approach especially if patients are turned on their side.

Was the liposuction done or not?

+1

Even if there is no bruising, generally, there tends to be areas of firmness or nodularity that is prominent during the first three weeks of healing.

You will see final results of liposuction in 4 months.

+1

Hi.

You need to have confidence in your surgeon. I cannot imagine why he would not do liposuction of an area that he had agreed to treat. In any case, you will know in four months if you have improvement.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)