I am wondering if & how to achieve a flatter profile? (photo)

I am active, have a great diet and workout. This is my profile pic. I am 5" and weight 148lb. I have been trying to loose my abdomen area for the last two years but not getting anywhere. I have lost weight on my upper body which makes my lower body now look bigger. Would lipo help or will it have to be a full tummy tuck?

I am wondering if & how to achieve a flatter profile?

+1
This is hard to assess with clothing.  If there is no skin laxity or muscle laxity, a liposuction will improve the appearance.  If there is skin or muscle laxity, a tummy tuck would be better.

You need some form of abdominal contouring.

+1
Difficult to tell from your pictures whether liposuction alone would be beneficial.  If you have had children, you most likely need liposuction, plication of the abdominal muscles and a tummy tuck.   

Leila Kasrai, MD, FRCSC

+1
Need nude frontal and side view closer posted photos! Best to seek IN PERSON evaluations from a boarded PS in your city/state./// 

A tummy tuck may be needed to improve abdominal profile

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph.  A formal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and a thorough examination is required to answer your question.  If you have had pregnancies the abdominal muscles may be split which could be contributing to your profile.  Please read the link below.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Flatter Profile

+1
Your  profile indicates abdominal muscle wall weakness. Assuming that your pose is relaxed and not intentionally pushing the abdomen out. Liposuction is inadequate as it addresses only subcutaneous fat. See  competent PS and get an evaluation. Most probably a TT with muscle plication is the best  solution.

Don Fontana, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1
With the attached photos it is difficult to advise you.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.
When it comes to selection of plastic surgeon, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS