How Does Body Size Affect Breast Implant Size?

I just had surgery yesterday and the implants seem very small, not much of a change. I am 5'4, 130 lbs.and was a 36 A. The dr. told me he tried 375 and 350 cc's but were too big on the sides. I was just hoping for a mid to full c, but I'll be lucky if I'm a full B. I also told him what I was hoping for. Is it possible that he could nto have gone bigger because of my dimensions? I just see much smaller woman with bigger implants and don't understand how they are able to get away with it??

Breast implant and anatomy

+1

Yes, in many ways the normal anatomy dictates the appropriate selection of the implants. Sometimes implants can be too wide or large to be supported in your pocket.

Chest Size limitations on Breasl Implant Usage

+1

Regarding - "I just see much smaller woman with bigger implants and don't understand how they are able to get away with it?? " - Answer - They DON'T. Read the hundreds of "I did not know", "my doctor did not tell me", "will a revision of my revision do it?" letters on this website and over the Internet from women who had large implants stuffed in them. They ALL sag, have stretched out nipple complexes, lose sensation, have ripples and need repeated breast revision operations.

Breast Augmentation is a seductively simple operation performed by Plastic surgeons and non-Plastic surgeons. The operation has several rules that must be obeyed if the result is to be both attractive and long-lasting. Since ALL breast implants ripple, the implants MUST be covered by as much breast AND muscle tissue as possible. Failure to do so means the implants are uncovered, lying under the skin with both visible and palpable ripples. NOT attractive. Moreover, your skin elasticity and give, your chest dimensions, its slopes and location of your nipples would influence breast implant choice and location. As a result, even if we did not care about how the breasts looked, it is physically impossible to place certain size implants in young women who are both flat and have tight breast skin (IE you cannot squeeze an elephant into a phone booth).

I agree you SHOULD have had a better discussion with your surgeon BEFORE the operation. Realistic expectations are important as is an understanding of what can and cannot be achieved.

Breast implant size didn't achieve expected cup size increase: consider sizers

+1

There are several factors that effect the choice of implants with breast diameter as one of the most critical measurements. Sure you could have gone larger but this would increase the risk of complications including visible folds, ripples, decreased nipple sensation, etc. How much are you willing to risk to have larger breasts. On average a 350 cc implant should increase your breast size by two cups.