Can a Woman Have Her Breast Completely Removed Without Appearing Transgendered?

can a lesbian woman have a double incision breast reduction surgery done, without them being presumed to be transgendered or having gender identity disorder?

Breast reduction for lesbians

+2

A women has the right to choose the size of her breasts and the shape of her chest.  A women who wishes to be flat does not need to be identified as anything other than a women who wants her chest contoured.  There is no impediment to contouring the chest down to perfectly flat, and the patient's sex or gender identity or preference is immaterial. 

Breast Reduction Lesbian Patient

+1

I have taken care of several patients like yourself who have wished to be as “flat” as possible after breast reduction surgery. Sometimes the procedure needs to be done in 2 stages to avoid complications (related to blood flow and wound healing).

Unfortunate, how other people choose to “classify” you is unpredictable and should be a secondary concern to your preferences and goals.

Breast reduction

+1

You can only control how you feel about yourself and not how other persons perceive you. Therefore you choose how you want to feel and appear.

Having said that I would caution you to think hard about the (maybe unexpected) psychological impact of the procedure.  Discuss this throughly with your Plastic Surgeon and maybe even a Psychologist/Psychiatrist.

Good luck !

Guido P. Gutter MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon