Will my Nose Get Even Shorter in Time?

I am three months post op, and my nose looks shorter than right after the surgery, ( i had A LOT of swelling that i guess made my nose look longer) i am wondering if it will continue to shorten.I didn't need de projection and my surgeon says he didn't perform it, so this is all very strange. Will my nose get even shorter as the swelling resolves completely in another few months?

Will nose shorten in months following rhinoplasty?

+1

At three months I do not think it will get any “shorter”. However, without knowing the details of your rhinoplasty, it's difficult to say with certainty how you may heal.

If your surgeon did not shorten your nose intentionally, then I suspect it looks shorter because of the other changes to the form, swelling, etc.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Nose Getting Shorter Over Time

+1

Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to answer your question without a thorough understanding of what was done to your nose during surgery. Before and after photos would also help in understanding what direction you are coming from.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose and shortness

+1

Without an exam or photos, it is diffiuclt to answer this question. Yes, swelling will decrease in time and the length and height may get shorter and lower.

Nose Shortening at 3 Months Following Rhinoplasty

+1

I will not be much help with your concerns as it would be difficult to assess your current level of swelling without an exam.  In addition, I do not know the maneuvers used during the surgery and your preoperative status.  I would address these concerns with your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Nose will change up to 1 year

+1

3 months post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon

Sam Naficy, MD