I Woke Up Today and my Left Breast Swollen 2 Cup Sizes Whats Wrong?

i recieved a breast augmentation almost a year ago. I am have a sharp pain in my left breast and it swelled up 2 cup sizes in day. i dont know what i am supposed todo about this problem. it hurts and it swollen tramendously.

Breast Swelling?

+1

Your description is very concerning that is most consistent with a seroma or infectious fluid collection. Immediate evaluation by a plastic surgery is indicated.

Breast AugmentationPost Operative Concerns

+1

If you are experiencing swelling and tenderness you should consult with your board certified plastic surgeon right away.

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast issues

+1

If your breast swelled up two sizes larger than the other one, one year after surgery, you should see your surgeon immediately.

Breast implant swelling and pain one year after surgery

+1

At a year out from surgery, what you have described is very unusual and NOT part of a normal healing process.  Please contact your surgeon ASAP for an evaluation.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Swelling in breast one year after surgery

+1

Rapid swelling is indicative of a hematoma.  This is unusual one year post op but no impossible.  The next most likely thing that could cause your symptoms would be an infection with seroma formation.  You should see your plastic surgeon ASAP to have  this evaluated.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Swelling and pain a year after breast augmentation

+1

I hope that by now you have seen your plastic surgeon, if not, my suggestion to you would be to visit you local E.R. to be evaluated properly. Sudden swelling of the magnitude you are describing this far out is uncommon.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Swelling one year after a BA

+1

First of all, don't panic.  You most likely have a seroma or collection of fluid around your implant.  You could also have a hematoma or possibly an infection, but whatever it is it should be evaluated soon by a plastic surgeon (hopefully your original one).  All of these things are highly unusual so far out from surgery, but they do occur.  Best of luck. 

Lori H. Saltz, MD

Breast Swelling After Breast Augmentation

+1

One year after surgery the most likely causes are either a seroma (fluid collection) or a late infection. Both are still quite unusual but you need to get in to see your plastic surgeon right away.

Joseph Fata, MD

Late Swelling After Augmentation

+1

Hematoma and infection would be very unusual occurring one year following your breast augmentation surgery. You most definitely should be seen by your plastic surgeon since there must be some explanation for this degree of swelling (two cup sizes) to occur at this time.  There is an extremely rare form of cancer which has been seen several years following breast augmentation and is associated with late seroma formation.  This particular tumor has a very high cure rate.  There are other serious possible explanations and you again should be seen by your surgeon without significant delay.

John Whitt, MD

Breast swelling one year after implants

+1

Swelling and tenderness in one breast a year after breast augmentation is most often caused by a fluid collection called a seroma. They can occur after strenuous exercise or strain, and especially prone to happen with textured breast implants. A seroma can lead to breast infection so is you feel unwell you should see your surgeon right away. In the meantime, rest and a snug bra may help.

peterejohnsonmd