Would it be wise to get a drain put back in 6 weeks after tummy tuck?
Doctor Answers 3
Seroma at six weeks
- If you have a seroma at six weeks after your tummy tuck, a drain should be put in or
- You can have the fluid drawn off 3 x a week until it stops accumulating.
- A drain is probably easier.
- If the fluid is in areas of liposuction, it can be harder to drain, because there are lots of little channels.
- If there is doubt about where the seroma is located, an ultrasound will help. Best wishes.
Have a question? Ask a doctor