9 Wks. Post TT Swelling

I am 9 wks. post TT. In the morning my tummy is perfectly flat. By mid morning my abd. is swollen and stays swollen all day. Is there anything I can do about this? I drink tons of water and watch my sodium intake.

Swelling after a tummy tuck

+1

The swelling may be due to drinking tons of water after a tummy tuck.  Typically, I'll instruct my patients to drink for thirst.  If you're not doing too much strenuous exercise then that could be the cause as well.  Best wishes,

9 Wks. Post TT Swelling

+1

I recommend a scan to see if you have a residual fluid pocket. And see you PS to discuss. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Managing tummy tuck swelling after nine weeks

+1

By two months after tummy tuck, you are ready for full activity and exercise though you still may have some stiffness and numb feelings in the lower abdomen. Swelling by the end of the day is also not unusual, and a light support garment can be helpful. We use a Spanx 'Higher Power' to give a little extra support for those that need it.

peterejohnsonmd

Tummy tuck recovery

+1

You sound perfectly normal.  Typically with more acitivity the abdomen swells a bit even at a few months out from surgery.  It will take up to a year for this to resolve.

Still swollen 9 weeks after a tummy tuck

+1

What you describe is normal. I'm surprised that your surgeon did not discuss with you what to expect postoperatively. I tell my patients that they will be flat in the morning, but if they upright ofr most of the day they will experience significant swelling or a lower abdominal "pooch" by evening. This is due to the lymphatic and venous drainage not being fully reestablished yet to carry the excess tissue fluid away. Continue to wear a light compression, this will resolve starting about the third months.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after tummy tuck

+1

What you describe sounds normal and will get better over time. Wearing a soft compression garment may help as well as cutting back on your water.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon