6 wks post op tummy tuck and muscles are lax

I am 6 weeks post op and my tummy has felt tight and flat with no effort but just last couple of days noticed I am having to hold the muscles in as I did before as they are feeling lax again and if I relax them my tummy protrudes. I thought a tummy tuck would pull the muscles back to being tight and flat? I am 42. I had lipo on hips but they are still fat. How long before lipo can be performed on abdominal area after TT?

Long recovery for tummy tuck

+1

A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is an extensive operation with a long healing time.  Even at 6 weeks there is a lot of swelling and irregularity of the abdomen.  Wait at least 3-6 months before passing final judgment on the results.  It is possible that the sutures used to tighten your muscles have become loose or broken, but please be patient.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon