6 wks post op tummy tuck and muscles are lax

I am 6 weeks post op and my tummy has felt tight and flat with no effort but just last couple of days noticed I am having to hold the muscles in as I did before as they are feeling lax again and if I relax them my tummy protrudes. I thought a tummy tuck would pull the muscles back to being tight and flat? I am 42. I had lipo on hips but they are still fat. How long before lipo can be performed on abdominal area after TT?

Long recovery for tummy tuck

+1

A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is an extensive operation with a long healing time.  Even at 6 weeks there is a lot of swelling and irregularity of the abdomen.  Wait at least 3-6 months before passing final judgment on the results.  It is possible that the sutures used to tighten your muscles have become loose or broken, but please be patient.

Web reference: http://www.bodybyfinkle.com

Omaha Plastic Surgeon