I Am 4 Wks Post Op TT and Lipo to Hips, Developed a Seroma Which Has Been Drained 3 Times, Suggestions?

the last was 27 cc's. Scheduled to back back in 3 days to check again. Feeling tremendous pressure on bladder which does not resolve with draining. PS suggested it's due to bruising the muscles during the draining process. Any other suggestions? Wondering if perhaps some bladder retention could be an issue (though I am urinating)? Any ideas??

Seroma after tummy tuck

+1

Sorry to hear that you developed seroma after drain removal.  If you continue to need aspiration of seroma, you may need a drain placement.  You should continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon. Depending on the number and amount of aspirations, he will give you a further recommendation.  Meanwhile, you should not be too active and should wear compression garment.

Seroma after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Assuming your plastic surgeon is successful in aspirating the fluid and is following you closely I would continue the current management.  If after a few more aspirations,  the seroma continues to accumulate placement of a drain should be considered. I cannot think “bladder retention” is an issue.

Persistent seroma

+1

Hi, I think the bestis  to try to inject ai rafter the fluids drainage is and that should be done with your surgeon, the idea is to occupy the space with air not to let any space fo rthe fluids to collect againg. Otherwise, I will go with opinion of inserting a drian, and its all your surgeon decision to make. Good luck

Fatema S. Alsubhi, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

Seroma and pressure symptoms post tummy tuck

+1

it is hard to answer the questions without an examination. I think that you most probably should have a drain placed again rather than continued drainage with a needle. you want to prevent a bursae or lined seroma from forming.  as for the bladder issue, the question for me would be whether you have a urinary tract infection or are in some degree of retention. when you go to the bathroom are you going frequently and not large amounts. you may need to consult with a urologist.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon