I'm 3 Wks Post Op & Feel Like my Breasts Look Small Given the Implant Size I Chose Was 550 Cc's.Can They Still Grow Later On?

Height- 5'1' Weight=130

Breasts Too Small after Breast Augmentation; Will They Change?

+2

Without direct examination and knowing exactly what your goals are, it is not possible to give you specific advice or reassurance. However, it is  safe to say that at 3 weeks postop, it is too early to evaluate the end results of your breast augmentation procedure. I have had many patients tell me that they feel that their breasts AAPEAR  larger  3 to 6 months after breast augmentation surgery;  during the first few months after breast augmentation surgery, breast implants may “drop and fluff”.  As this occurs,  the breast implants settle into their pockets, the nipple/areola complexes shift upward, and the overall appearance of the breasts may appear larger.

I would suggest continued patience and follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Will breasts get larger with time?

+1

At 3 weeks, this is too early to judge your final result, but you will not see much change over time. Initially, there is some compression from the muscle that will improve over the next several months. But keep in mind, 550 cc implants are large and often there is not enough room in the breast pocket to accept a larger implant if this is your first augmentation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Hello

+1

Without a picture it’s hard to give accurate advice. 500 cc is a good size implants depending on what size you started with. Usually it takes 6-8 months for the muscle and tissue to relax and make room for the implants to expand. You breast size will change with time. You skin is tight and muscle is in spasm. Give your tissue 6-8 months to relax to be able to see the final results.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Breasts still look small after three weeks

+1

Judging by your height and weight, I would think that 550 cc's would make a significant difference in your breast size.  Still, if you think that your breasts are not large enough now, then you will not be happy later on either.  Once the implants drop and the swelling goes down, they may even look smaller to you.  I tell my patients that I hope their first impression is that they are WAY too big.  After two or three months, the implants settle and the patients become accustomed to them.  Then they look perfect!

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

If you think your breasts are too small 3 weeks after surgery, you're in for a disappointment.

+1

Swelling adds a small amount of volume to the breast at 3 weeks.  This swelling will go down and the breasts will be very slightly smaller.  They will definitely not increase in size.  If you think they are too small now, it probably will seem more so in the future.