3 Weeks Post-Op Implant Revision, Should I Be Concerned that Implants Have Already Dropped too Low? (Photo)

3wks PO, from Saline to Silicone 425cc's.Implants were 13 yrs old.Larger on left,wanted it fixed,did not have nipples moved,PS said was not safe.5th surgery.Prior 1 aug/mast,2 reduc/with nipples moved,1 revise for scar&asymmetry.First wk was fine,wk 2 left breast sagging&larger.Implants have not dropped,have 4 kids&poor skin,this has never happened so fast.Past times normally takes few years for these issues. If somethings hangs,add more weight it hangs more? May be worse when implants drop?

3 Weeks Post-Op Implant Revision, Shuld I Be Concerned my Implants Hve Already Dropped too Low? (Photo)

+2

I don’t think your implants have dropped too low. Your upper pole of both breasts look very full. I do think your BREAST TISSUE may be too low. With all of your surgeries, doctors can be hesitant to do much of a lift (rightfully so) at the risk of tissue or nipple loss, so you in fact may need more tissue adjustment rather than implant adjustment. I prefer Brazilian type of lifts in this situation. I think they are less risky in previously operated patients. But that will be down the road.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Revision Results

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

I think you are correct in that at this point it is too early to determine the results of your revisionary surgery. there are many variables that come into play before you will be able to see the “final results”.  I would ask that you allow for continued healing and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

+1

It does appear you have a "drop" . But 3 weeks to early to determine if another!!! revision is needed. Wait til 3 months out than decide. 

Breasts post-op

+1

Hard to say without an exam. You m ay very well need a touch up with a lift. It should be safer with the implants in and staged.  good luck. Watch and wait.

Asymmetry after many breast surgeries

+1

Your photos indicate that the left breast is drooping.  This looks like it is due to excess skin and not to a malpositioned or dropping implant.  The left breast could have been treated with a revision lift at the time of implant exchange. This can be done at any time.

Daniel Greenwald, MD