Drainage from Belly Button 2 Weeks After Tummy Tuck

I am 2 wks post full TT. What should my navel area look like at this point? I have constant sersanguinous drainage & can see yellowish tissue and indentations, or "holes" where the sutures were. I have no fever, no foul odor, can't tell if there's pain there because it's still pretty numb. MD says its fine and to cover it with a 4x4 to keep it clean. The other incision is fine.

Drainage from belly button 2 weeks after tummy tuck

+1

From your posting you used the red light word "constant"! Go see the surgeon ASAP if it really is a constant drainage, this worries me. It is very unusual for after 2 weeks to have a CONSTANT drainage.

From MIAMI DR. B

Belly Button Drainage After Tummy Tuck- Normal?

+1

It is not unusual to have some sort of serosanguinous drainage from the belly button after a tummy tuck.  After two weeks, things should be healing up pretty well, but you can still have a little drainage or dealtyed wound healing in the area.  If your surgeon has seen the area and feels that it is doing fine, then I would go with what he/she has said and just keep your eye on it.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Drainage from Belly Button 2 weeks after Tummy Tuck

+1

SOME drainage from a fresh surgical wound is common - continuous drainage, especially if accompanied by color change, odor, redness and or pain are not. Based on your description of " "holes" where the sutures were" it sounds as if you may have stitches the body is trying to get rid of (aka "spitting sutures").

If your surgeon feels you are healing fine, I would trust him and be more patient.