Will My Breasts Get Bigger With Time Post-Breast Augmentation?

I am 5’4", 104 lbs, small 32A. 400cc silicone under Moderate plus. I wanted a 425cc, but my doctor said 400cc looks good on me plus he said if I go bigger than 400cc, I might have back pain. So I changed my mind to 400cc.

Now, I am 8 weeks post-op, I'm a little disappointed my breast don't look as big as I want them to be. They look the same size as I had padded bra before my BA. My doctor said gives it sometime, it will get bigger once they D&F but some say, No it will only get smaller. Will they get bigger?

+1

No, they will not get bigger.  They may change shape a bit and project more as your tissues strech and the implants settle, but they will not get bigger. If you want bigger breasts, you will need another surgery- but dont let anyone fool you that 25cc or 50cc more will make a difference- if you think you are too small, you will need at least 100cc and maybe even 200cc bigger to make a noticible difference.  Good luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1

Unusual question if your implants or breasts will enlarge over time. Simply, NO. I recommend either re operation and exchange to a larger size, even 450 to 475 cc's. Or try fat transfer. 

They will not get bigger

+1

The most common complaint after breast augmentation is that the implants are not big enough.  If you aren't happy now, I don't know that 425cc would have been better but your implants will definitely not get bigger.  Wait for the swelling to go down before making a change though.  Good luck!

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

As breast implants settle they become rounder and appear a bit larger

+1

While your breast implants will certainly not get bigger, as they settle they will become rounder and appear a bit larger. I would agree with your Plastic surgeon to wait at least 6 months before passing judgement on them. Actually the difference between 400 and 425 is only 25 cc and that is less than two teaspoons. This is almost impossible to actually appreciate. I think the best way to avoid this situation is to allow the patient to decide on their size by placing implants in a very stretchy bra. It always helps to let the patient decide, they know what they feel in their mind as to what their body image really is. I have never in 30+ years had a patient complain of back pain after an augmentation mamoplasty and that includes implants up to 800 cc. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD