4 Wks PO... Am I Getting a Dog Ear on my Right Side? (photo)

Small Dog Ear On Right Side After Tummy Tuck/Mommy Makeover Can Be Revised 4-6 Months

+2

There is a small dog ear on the right side but massage will definitely help. If it is there at 4-6 months a simple revision can be done under local anesthesia.

4 weeks postop, possible dogear

+1

At 4 weeks, it is still very early.   I would continue with some form of compression at this point.   If due to swelling, the dogear should disappear over the next few months.    If not, then you can discuss the possibility of a revision procedure if you and your surgeon see necessary.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery. 

Paul S. Gill, MD

Dogears after mommy makeover will require surgical correction.

+1

The picture provided doesn't adequately provide enough information to decide whether there is a true dog ear or not. A dog ear is a surplus of skin that creates a prominence at the edge of an incision. Contour irregularities due to swelling will go away. Contour irregularities do skin excess will require a small surgical correction.

Early to tell

+1

It is very early in your recovery period to be able to make any judgment about any possible dog ears. At least 6 to 12 weeks before things start to shape up.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Fullness After Tummy Tuck

+1

The fullness on the right may be due to swelling or excess fat.  I would wait approximately 3-6 months before re-evaluating. If stil present, it can be easily addressed in the office.  Alll the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

4 Weeks after Mommy Makeover and Concerns of Dog Ear

+1

4 weeks out from a mommy makeover, you appear to have a very nice symmetric result.  Thank your plastic surgeon.  Focus less on the fullness on your right side.  Give yourself at least 6 months before deciding if there is a dog ear.  One thing to keep in mind is that the incision must stop at some point, and, on some people with circumferential laxity, there will always be some laxity behind the incision.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

4 Wks PO... Am I Getting a Dog Ear on my Right Side?

+1

Very hard to be sure in the posted photo the dog ear laterally or slight overhang. Allow more healing time like 4 months than determine if you have one. 

Possible dog ear deformity following an abdominoplasty

+1

You are still early after your surgery and any changes that you see now are likely to improve over the next 2 months.  Continue to follow the post operative advice of your plastic surgeon.  

Tummy tuck recovery

+1

It doesn't look like a dogear there.  You do have excess above the incision compared to below - but only 4 weeks out, it could be swelling still.  There is a little bit of swelling for about 3 months.  If it is still "puffy" there at that point, a small revision can be done in the office with very little recovery.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Dog ear with tummy tuck...mommy makeover

+1

Hi,

You are very early in the post op period.  Considering you might have had some liposuction done too, it may all settle out.

Having said that, there is an area on your right that is a little puffy.  If this becomes an area of concern, it can easily be taken away with local anesthesia in the office in about 15 minutes.  Be patient.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon