Is 4 Wks After Giving Birth to Soon to Have Breast Augmentation if I Do Not Breast Feed? (photo)

i went to a consultation today for a breast augmentation and and also let them know that i am suspecting that i am about 6 weeks pregnant. I asked the doctor if it was possible to have the surgery done while i was on maternity leave (6-8 weeks) and let him know that i did not intend on breast feeding. The doctor said that it may be possible to have it that soon if we did a 2 week post surgery appointment. Would you agree with this.?

Hello

+1

In our practice we like our patients to be at least 3 months after giving birth. The reason behind that is, your breast need to go back to normal before you start sizing so you pick an accurate implant size.

Timing of Breast Augmentation after Pregnancy?

+1

Congratulations on your pregnancy; hopefully your course will be as smooth as possible.

Generally speaking, it is best to wait (at least) a few months after delivery for any type of elective breast surgery.  It may take this period of time for your breast to “bounce back” after the pregnancy.  Reaching a stable state in regards to breast size/shape will be important,  to allow your plastic surgeon to plan the operation that will best meet your goals. Also, consider that having  the responsibility of a newborn around the time of surgery may not be ideal.