1 Wk Post Revision Rhinoplasty Nose Turned Blue Outside 30 Minutes. Is It Ruined?

I had revision rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago. On day 9 I was outside for 30 minutes and when I got ot work i realized my nose was blue. It remained blue and felt funny all day. I saw my surgeon the next day and he said its fine as it wasnt blue any longer but now I hate the tip (which looked great up until the morning it turned blue). i'm afraid it froze and compromised the graphs (from ear cartilidge). Its also already collapsing to the right which it was before...What can be done? I want a redo

Cold Blue Nose 9 Days Post Rhinoplasty

+1

The nose turned blue 9 days post rhinoplasty secondary to temporary compromised circulation in the cold weather. Similar reactions can occur even when a patient has not had recent surgery. Listen to the advice of your surgeon following this incident. If you ultimately don't like your nose you can consider a revision, but not 2 weeks after surgery.

Rhinoplasty redo

+1

Turning blue is not a good sign but it may have gone into some vasospasm in the cold weather.  If it was transient, then it more than likwly will get better with time.  Keep a close eye on it with your doctor.

Blue nose outside after rhinoplasty

+1

Open rhinoplasty can make the skin cold intolerant and the skin can turn blue if it is cold outside. Until the nose is more fully healed, it is at risk for frostbite. The blue color will fade and the nose will pink up as the skin is rewarmed, and it is unlikely you have hurt anything unless the skin has blistered. Revision should wait for several months, when the final results are clear.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Blue

+1

I have heard this before but, have no good explanation except that it was a transient vascular issue. In any case, you are way to early to judge your results and certainly to soon to ask for a redo.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Nose Turned Blue After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very unlikely that the exposure to cold impacted your result. Your surgeon probably told you that swelling is present and you should not judge the results for a few months. Other than listening to your surgeon, there is not much to do but wait for the swelling to resolve.