Wk 3 Co2 Fraxel, Itch is Severe I Rub Without Tearing, is This Ok? Does It Delay Healing?

I use cold compress, advil, benedrayl, claritin to control itching, but it is still very red and itchy. By me itching and rubbing, is it prolonging these symtoms?

Co2 Fraxel Itching

+1

Best thing to do, call and check with the office where you had the treatment  and see if they can recommend anything to you or if they need to see you
to monitor your progress.  In this case, I would say that some oral benadryl and a topical hydro-cortisone would alleviate the itching.  Also, be sure to keep the
skin hydrated, drink plenty of water, and just let the skin slough off on its own-- keep your hands away and do not rub.

"Dr.D"

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

If you are miserable following a Fraxel Repair Laser Treatment, check back with your doctor for advice.

+1

If you have concerns about the itch and the healing process, check back with the doctor who did the procedure.   There are many options to help you heal more comfortably.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon