Can I Do Something Without Removing the Crowns?

Recently I had 16 zirconia crowns. My teeth are so sensitive right now that my life is a hell. IAs far as I know zirconia does not have pores and suppose to be the best from this point of view. If you are so kind I would like to know if is any way to solv the problem. Thank you

Could Be A Couple of Things

+1

When one experiences sensitivity after the placement of ceramic crowns, it is usually do to issues with the bonded cementation process.  The teeth musy be isolated ny rubber dam and the correct cement system used. Did you have sensitivity while in your temporaries? I would do back to the dentist who placed them to take a look.

West Palm Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Sensitivity

+1

Dear Patient in Distress,

It is hard to know the reason for your sensitivity but I will give it a try.  IF your teeth were solid and you were doing this for esthetic or functional reasons, the sensitivity you are experiencing is to be expected.  The tooth has lost a large portion that protects the nerve from the thing we eat.  Once that insulation is gone, the tooth need time to form its own protective barrier (secondary dentin).  If it was because of decay, then the nerve might be reacting to no protection.  Either way, you need to give it time.

Hopefully, your dentist explained this to you in the past.

Hope this helps,

David SIlber, DMD

Dallas Cosmetic Dentist

Sensitivity with new zirconia crowns

+1

Sorry to hear about the problem that you are having.  There are many reasons why you may have sensitive teeth.  I would go back to the dentist and have the crowns as well as your bite evaluated.  Good luck

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Can I do something other than remove my crowns?

+1

Question were your teeth sensitive while wearing the temporary crowns? If no then the sensitivity is most likely from the cementation or bonding process and may go away on their own after several weeks, during this time I suggest Prevident 5000 RX to brush on your teeth for 2-3 weeks every night before bed. If still a problem root canals maybe necessary good luck.

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD    CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Pain from Crowns

+1

Your pain would have to be diagnosed in a dental office. You are right that crowns do not have pores and are not themselves the problem. You could be sensitive from the cement or bonding that was used to place the crowns. One or more of the crowns may be abscessing needing a root canal. Your bite may be off to the point off causing discomfort. To answer the question, about the only thing you could do that may help would be to try one of the toothpastes used to help sensitive teeth. 

Littleton Cosmetic Dentist

Pain from 16 Zirconia Crowns

+1

The pain can be from multiple causes. See your dentist or get another opinion from another dentist.

New York Cosmetic Dentist