In the past 2 years I've lost 30-40kg, but still have fat around my belly button. Is this loose skin? Will it retract? (photos)

I used to be over 100kg, now I'm down to 62kg (I'm 5'4"). I work out 3-5 times a week, and I eat lowcarb. No matter what I do, it seems that the fat around my belly button just won't budge. I've seen so many other people lose weight, and their stomachs look fine. I'm really self conscious about this, and it really bothers me. I finally managed to get healthy, yet I can't get rid of that last bit of fat! I heard it might take years to retract. Should I get surgery, or will it disappear by itself?

Laser assisted liposuction

+1
Hi, congratulations on having lost the weight you have, you might be an ideal candidate for a Laser Assisted Liposuction of the area of fat, or BodyTite assisted Liposuction, both get rid of the fat and also enhance the skin tightening.
hope this helps
warm regards
Dr Prashant

India Plastic Surgeon

In the past 2 years I've lost 30-40kg, but still have fat around my belly button. Is this loose skin? Will it retract?

+1
    If your skin is OK, liposuction can help you with the concerns of that last little bit of fat.

Stubborn Fat Around Belly Button

+1
Precisely Liposuction is the ideal procedure to get rid of stubborn  fat that does not go away with diet or exercise.

You are exactly the ideal candidate for this procedure. You already know the answer, it wont go away no matter how hard you exercise.

It might be possible thou that you are also in need of a Tummy Tuck depending if you have separation of your abdominal wall muscles and excess skin in your abdomen.

A plastic surgeon will determine this facts upon consultation.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Abdomen Fat

+1
Woman can usually have excess fat deposits in the abdomen area and flanks.  Since you have lost the weight, it seems more like it is just excess fat there.  One type of treatment that will help to improve it would be liposuction of the abdomen area.  After this is done it would also help to retract the skin and make it a little tighter as well.  Good job on loosing the weight.  It is not an easy task.

Ernest Layton, MD

Abdominal liposuction looks as though it will work for you.

+1
From the photograph it looks as though the skin is in reasonable condition And the distance between your fingers when you pinch the skin is greater than an inch. From this I think you should get a good result from liposuction.