Which Laser Is Best To Treat Acne Scars?

Would like to know witch laser is better to treat acne scars. Matisse/er:glass, fraxel 1550 or fraxel thermage provider? what results could i expect?

Best laser for Acne Scar treatment?

+1

There is not a perfect laser per se for acne scarring. Alot depends on the skill and experience of your board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with your specific skin type as well as the specific lasers used. While ablative Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing is the gold standard, less aggressive setting, multiple treatment sessions and pre-treatment should be considered for ethnic skin. A series of nonablative ND:Yag laser treatments such as GenesisPlus can be helpful over a period of time for those who do not desire any downtime or risk of complications associated with ablative laser.

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello

+1

In our practice and I’m sure every practice has their own way of treating acne scars. We have laser treatments and or a mini facelift to stretch out the skin. We have Profractional laser treatment and micro laser peels. Those procedures will improve your acne scars dramatically. If you want the least invasive and no down time with mild correction a Vipeel can help with that as well.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Acne scar treatment with the Fractional CO2 laser and Melaquin creams

+1

Acne scars are improved with the CO2 laser provided that the patient has been pretreated for the laser with topical creams and has the right type of acne scars. Surgery90210

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Lasers for acne scars

+1

The gold standard laser for acne scars is the CO2 laser, but its rarely done anymore.  I recommend Fraxel 1550 at high settings, along with some hyaluronic acid fillers.  There are other good lasers too.  If you aren't sure, get more than one opinion from some good dermatologists.  It depends what lasers they have available and what type of scars are being treated. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Best Laser for Acne Scarring

+1

In my opinion, I think that something that works on the surface is the best for scars. I prefer co2 resurfacing for their predictability. I also like to do some thing to the deeper layers and approach acne scarring with a multi layered approach.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser to Best Treat Acne Scars

+1

Acne scars can be addressed through both laser and non laser modalities. The more important choice from your perspective is to choose a skilled, expert, and experienced physician who can combine treatment options and provide you a treatment plan that best meets your needs.  

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Treating Acne Scars

+1

Treatments for acne scars depends on the type and severity of the scars as well as the skin type of the patient.  Depending on the type of scars, whether pitted, punched out or rolling (broad-based) in nature, different treatments are utilized.  In our office we mostly do injectable fillers and resurfacing with electrosurgery. Occasionally we also do punch excision with or without grafting. I personally think lasers are over-rated for improving acne scars and are significantly greater cost to the patient for mediocre/modest results at best.  Click on the link below to view before and after photos of patients with acne scars treated with filler and electrosurgery. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD