Is It Wise to Have More Work Done on my Tummy? (photo)

In 2012 I had a full Tt with muscle repair and lipo and In feb of 2013 I had more tummy lipo done after all that work my tummy still is not flat... Please look at my pictures and tell me because I've been thinking of getting another Tt. What more can I do to get the flat tummy I so much desire? And oh yea I've heard the lose the weight thing...lol

Seldom is a second tummy tuck indicated.

+1

The provided photographs are of poor quality so a specific recommendation cannot be made. It is most unusual to benefit from a secondary abdominoplasty. There might be some benefit liposuction however.

Is It Wise to Have More Work Done on my Tummy?

+1

Dear Missy,

thank you for your post. You need to be assessed in person for how much of the buldge in your belly is the result of fat below the muscles, vs. fat above the muscles.  If the fat is above the muscles, certainly a more agreesive procedure can get you a flat belly.  If the fat if below the muscle, diet/exercise is your best bet.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

More work on your tummy?

+1

Your photos are a bit difficult to evaluate.  Your best option is to review your photos in a sequence with your surgeon starting with your appearance before your first procedure.  It may be that the things you dislike can be determined by a systematic study of your skin, fat and muscle.  Looking at the sequence of photos is generally helpful.  Once you determine the source of your problem, you can determine your options.  For example, you may have fat deposits in areas that were not treated or your muscle repair may have loosened somewhat.  I have seen patients with these issues.  By evaluating the situation step by step, you can usually come to an answer.

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Additional improvement to the abdomen after an abdominoplasty

+1

It is very difficult to evaluate your abdomen from your photos.  If there is excess fat that can be pinched it is possible that additional liposuction may be beneficial.   If it is intra-abdominal fat or visceral fat then the only way to loose this is diet and exercise.  

Wise to do more after tummy tuck

+1

Tummy tuck can easily control skin excess and help faltten the stomach, however you will never be flatter than your tummy is when you lay flat on your back. What is inside cannot be compressed flat even with the best muscle repair. It may be wisest to wait and lose weight if you think this is an issue.

+1

Much of what you will benefit from will depend on your physical examination. For example, if your abdominal wall is lax, further tightening of the abdominal wall muscles (plication)  may be necessary. If the issue is adipose tissue,  then additional weight loss and possibly liposuction surgery may be indicated.

Achieve your long-term stable weight and seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Unfortunately, online consultants will never be able to be as precise as necessary.

Tummy tuck and Liposuction

+1

It is a little hard to see from these pictures, but your skin appears tight to me - so if you are wanting to be smaller/flatter - it's likely liposuction you would want.  You can take a pinch of skin and see if there is fat there - and if so, you would be able to liposuction more fat out.  This would be safe for you after your mentioned procedures.  The other thing that can keep patients from having a totally flat belly is intra-abdominal fat - or fat on the inside of your belly, below your muscles.  Unfortunately there isn't any procedure that can be done to make this less - just plain old diet and exercise.  Finally, some patients come to me and want to be more narrow with more liposuction - they show pictures of people with very small waists and it can't be done because your bony structure is as wide or as narrow as it is.  I don't say this to be negative, but just realistic.

All that being said - I think you could improve YOUR shape with liposuction from what I can see in the pictures.  Good luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

+1

These photos are a bit dark and the back ground a bit cluttered, and that makes it all the more difficult to make a recommendation. If weight is the problem, a TT may not be the answer. The abdominal contents can be compressed just so much before risking catastrophic problems. All the best.