Is It Wise to Come to US for Revision Rhinoplasty?

hello, I had primary rhinoplasty 1 year ago in europe and its a really bad result i have a droopy nasel tip and its crooked im now looking for a revision specialist and as i whas going over the internet the best are in the US but my question is is it wise to come to the US because some of you mentioned that its better to go to a surgeon close to home because of the follow ups and since i could only stay in the us for 3 weeks or so i dont know what to do i really want an expert to revise my nose

Out of country revision rhinoplasty

+1

Many patients come from out of the country to have both primary and revision surgery.  Usually 10 days - 2 weeks is sufficient time to have healed from the operation enough for the trip back home, so you have no worries with 3 weeks.  As you mentioned, some of the best revision rhinoplasty specialists in the world are in the U.S.    

Revision Rhinoplasty in the United States

+1

The key is to find a surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty regardless of where they are located. I frequently see patients from other states an countries. They usually stay in Beverly Hills for 7-10 days. If you E-mail pictures we can discuss your problems before leaving home.

Finding revision rhinoplasty surgeon in the US

+1

As the others have mentioned, when it comes to revision rhinoplasty finding a surgeon experienced in correcting your type of problem is more important that geographic proximity.Being able to stay in the area for 3 weeks is a good amount of time for your surgeon to follow the initial healing process.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/revision-rhinoplasty

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for 25 years and many of my Rhinoplasty patients are out of town or out of the country.  Them come to Beverly Hills to have their Rhinoplasty with us because they believe, as we do, that the most important factor in choosing your Rhinoplasty Surgeon is that he/she understands and follows the proper aesthetics iof facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive nose and face.  Experience performing Rhinoplasty and proximity to you for follow up are simply not enough.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Is it wise to come to the US for revision rhinoplasty?

+1

Hello, we have patients in our office on a daily basis from all over the world scheduling corrective procedures. It would be more than sufficient to spend three weeks in the US. It is a standard practice for a patient to stay 7 days for a rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty. Take a look at out website link and phone my office we will have you email your photos and advise you. 

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Finding a specialist is more important than being geographically limited.  Revision rhinoplasty surgery is more difficult so you really need to consult with an expert.  It is common for patients to fly in to seek the expertise to achieve the results they seek.  If you are able to stay postoperatively for at least a week, up to 3 weeks, that should be enough time to have a few postoperative visits, with the remaining follow ups through photos and email.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/about-us