What Do I Do About TT & BA Post-op Swelling in Arms and Legs?

I'm 17 days post-op and I'm having swelling in my arms and legs. My ps told me to drink 8-10 8-ounce glasses of water per day and to avoid sodium. I have been doing this and the swelling has gone down in one arm but the other arm and legs are still swollen. I've also kept my arms and legs elevated. The swelling is limiting my movement and making it difficult for me to do things. It's also hampering the dropping of my implants. Is there anything else I can do to reduce the swelling?

+2

Swelling by itself following mommy makeover is not particularly troubling when confined to the tummy and the breasts.  Asymmetric swelling of the extremities should be evaluated by clinical exam to determine if there is any cause for concern of blood clot.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA