Seeking Advise on Multiple Procedures, TT with Lipo, BA, and BBL?

I’m a 44yo, 5’2 and 160lbs. Is it advisable for me to have all of these procedures done at one time or have them staged? If staged, in what order/grouping? Money is not a factor in this decision but time is. I need to be able to return back to work within 3 months after surgery. My priority of wants are: 1. Flat stomach 2. Full breasts 3. Curves 4. Full round butt I have met with 3 (PS) and received diff opinions. Each is limited in what they can do. None will/can can do all. Please advise.

TT with Lipo, BA and Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Thank you for your question about staging your surgery. In an ideal world -

• Your lowest risk is doing each operation separately.
  • A tummy tuck with liposuction and a breast augmentation can be safely combined; surgery will be in or near 4 hours.
  • The Brazilian butt lift should be done separately - and your surgeons should be honest about results. Fat implants in the BBL may not last.

Hope this helps. Best wishes!

Seeking Advise on Multiple Procedures, TT with Lipo, BA, and BBL

+2

A number of risks escalate with prolonged operation and anesthetic. Most surgeons try to limit to 6 hours, I try to keep to 4 hours. 

Depending upon how extensive the procedures are, 6 hours sounds to me like sufficient time to accomplish, but again depending upon the nature of the tummy tuck and liposuction that will be needed. 

My general feelings about how to stage procedures is that unless there is a technical reason to group the procedures a certain way, that I will try to follow patient priority. If I were to stage these, I would start with the Breast and abdominoplasty, and assuming normal recovery, come back in two weeks or so for the liposuction and fat injections. That order (TT first) also allows longer recovery for the part that needs the longer recovery. You should be able to return to heavy work by 6 weeks from stage one, for light work by 3 or 4 weeks. 

All the best. 

Multiple plastic surgery procedures

+2

I think you can do these procedures at once if you want to and there are definitely plastic surgeons who can perform all of these procedures. A tummy tuck takes about 2 hours, a breast augmentation takes 1 hour, liposuction and brazilian buttock lift depends on how many areas you have liposuctioned.  If the procedure takes longer than 6 hours, I have my patients stay overnight in a nursing facility.  Many women like having multiple procedures done at once so that there is only one recovery and one time under anesthesia.  But some women like focusing on a few procedures at a time.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://www.roxyplasticsurgery.com

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

The BBL must be done separately.

+2

The BBL must be done first before the TT . Recovery will take 6 weeks and then the TT and BA can be done. Depending on the nature of your occupation there is a reasonable chance you will be back in 3 months

Web reference: http://thecosmeticsurgeryinstitute.com

Staging Vs Combined Procedures

+2

Combined procedures are very common in PS.  The safety of combining them is dependent on your overall health status, BMI, the experience of your surgeon and the time it takes to complete everything.  Most Plastic Surgeons recommend keeping combined procedures to less than 7 hours.  If your surgeon cannot complete these procedures in that time for whatever reason, then you should consider surgery with two surgeons to reduce the time or staging the procedures.  This sounds like a tough recovery for all but the most motivated and fit patients.  Make sure that you have support at home to aid with your recovery if you choose this path.  All the best

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures, the mommy makeover

+2

Tummy tuck and breast augmentation with a lift is a very common combination and often called the mommy makeover. Adding liposuction can add time, increase risks, and make the recovery more challenging. Perhaps this is the procedure to come back to.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+2

Thank you for the question. I always advise a patient to have as much surgery as you can at once up to 5 hours. Every plastic surgeon is different in experience, but not in training. Make sure you are comfortable with your choice. You should be able to get this all done at once. Best Wishes Dr Thomas Narsete Austin, Tx

Can I have a TT, Lipo, Breast augmentation and the BBL done at the same time?

+2

It is possible to have a TT, bbreast augmentation, the BBL with lipo done at the same time. In fact, I have performed these procedures simultaneously a number of times. But proceeding with these procedures depends upon your overall health, body habitus, and the extensiveness of each of these procedures. At the very least you would need to send photos as well as a brief medical history. If these procedures need to be staged I would consider doing the TT along with the breast surgery in one operation and then proceed with the BBL after about 4-6 weeks. Regardless, you should be able to return to work in less than 3 months and very possible much sooner.

Web reference: http://drlefkovits.com

Is TT + Lipo + BA + BBL Too Much

+2

Getting all these procedures done at once is possible but really depends on each patient's general health, body proportions, expected recovery, extent of surgery and also the surgeon's experience. 

In a healthy patient and with an experienced surgical team, this may be possible and can be done in 4 to 5 hours. If being done in a larger patient and in a less experienced setting, it could take 8 or more hours (in which case, it may be safer to split it into 2 procedures).

Without knowing your specific desires and body type, a detailed answer is not realistic. However, if I were to consider doing this in 2 separate procedures, I would do the liposuction and BBL first. Then come back at least 3 months later and touch up the BLL (if needed) and do the TT and BA. This will give enough time to pass to see the results of the liposuction and BBL and yet leave some fat on the abdomen in case it is needed to touch up the BBL.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

TT with Lipo, BA, and BBL?

+1

TT with Lipo, BA, and BBL can be done at the same time if you can limit the risks of general anesthesia by keeping the procedure under 4 hrs or so.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers and Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php