2 Weeks Post-op: Why is Juvederm not showing fullness on my lips? (Photo)

I got a full syringe of juvederm injected 2 weeks ago. After 5 hours I was left with no results. I called my RN and she told me to wait 2 weeks that I might need a second syringe to get more fullness. After 2 weeks I got another full syringe injected and once again hours later I'm left with no results! What is going? My lips look smoother but not larger. Is the product not working well with me or if she injecting improperly that it's not lasting?

2 Weeks Post-op: Why is Juvederm not showing fullness on my lips?

+3
I see two sides of the issue here. Was enough injected to see a result? I would say YES as seen in the posted photos. But it is not enough of a change to satisfy you. The other side is the injector? Why a RN? Better to see and be injected by an experienced MD. Finally, you might have unrealistic expectations as to the amount of improvement vs volume injected. 

Juvederm Injection to the Lips

+2
First of all, be careful what you ask for.  I agree with Dr. Blinski that you have adequate fullness in your lips after two syringes.  I would make sure that you had two 1 mL syringes, because this is a relatively large amount to inject in anybody's lips. Larger lips at this point will lead to a stigmatic look.  If you aren't fully confident in your results, its is best to see a "core trained" MD injector.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm to lips

+2
I am assuming that you had two full 1ml syringes of Juvederm injected? That's my first question. There are smaller sizes of fillers that people will sometimes opt for in order to save money, and then be unsatisfied that there's not enough change. I can see the changes, but if they aren't enough for you, you should seek one or two options, or both: 1. a different injector who is preferably a physician, or 2. a different filler like Restylane or Perlane. Juvederm is a thinner filler and injects smoothly, but doesn't have the same particle size as Restylane or Perlane, so for people who want more oomph, I recommend one of these fillers as opposed to Juvederm.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

You may want to consider the size of the syringe and the amount of product it will take to achieve the desired results.

+1

You may want to consider the size of the syringe and the amount of product it will take to achieve the desired results. Injection technique may be a variable. Perhaps obtain a second opinion from an expert injector.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

It's the number of cc's not the number of syringes that matter.

+1
I agree with all of the other physicians' comments. You may have received smaller syringes and two of those may actually add up to only one cc.

If you spent under $400 a syringe you probably received 0.5 cc syringes and may need a little more product.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm

+1
Thank you for your question. It does usually take 1-2 weeks to see the final results of juvederm. Your lips do look fuller in the after photo, but obviously not to the extent that you would like. If the nurse injector works for a plastic surgeon I would ask to discuss your concerns with them. I think you would benefit by having someone with more experience and training help you to achieve the look you are striving for. Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

No results after Juvederm to lips

+1
I suggest you visit a physician injector that is a plastic surgeon or dermatologist.  The PHYSICIAN doing your injection should have answers and solutions for you.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon