Implant Exchange HELP!?

Im getting a revision & going bigger but I'm freaked out. I currently have 450 shells mentor mod+ filled to 550/600. Per mentors chart thats about 12.8 width/5.7 proj. I'm getting 700's silicone mod+profile(Natrelle) Base:15.8 /5.1 proj. Will i be 2 wide?How do I measure what projection & width i actually have now with my current implants inside my breasts? Argggg I just don't wanna look like a freak show! Lol tryin to compare now vs future. Anyone?!

Simultaneous lift more important then type of implant

+1

Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size or provided any photographs.  However, 700 cc implants are huge, weight approximately 1 1/2 lbs each, will descend quickly and you will require revisions.  It is possible that you may benefit from a new procedure called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  With this technique it is possible to reshape the breast tissue to increase upper pole fullness, cleavage and projection rather than relying on a huge implant.  With this technique it is possible to use a smaller size implant that would be more stable.  I definitely DO NOT recommend larger implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Choosing implants in revision/replacement

+1

I agree with the answers here that it is not possible to give you useful information on implant size/dimension choices without an exam.

In general, assuming there is no capsule contracture or implant malposition, it is fairly straightforward to replace an existing implant of one type with another if the width of the implant is the same or somewhat wider (1-2cm) when there is demonstrable extra pocket/capsule space. Usually the forward profile can be increased by the next profile size up (in your case from a Moderate Plus saline-filled to a high profile gel-filled. A medium (saline) to a high profile gel (either manufacturer) would increase the apparent size by about a half cup. The increased width also increases the size by about a half cup. 

In your case, assuming the pocket/capsule is adequate and positioned properly, I would look at a high profile gel that is no more than 1 1/2 cm wider than what you have. This will add some forward volume but keep the width controlled for the usual capsule size. That would be the maximum. A lesser projection or width could also work. The only change that doesn't work well is to decrease the width of the implant significantly from what it was. This is like putting too small a foot in too big a shoe. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Implant exchange

+1

700 cc implants are quite wide and large. The best way to select the appropriate implants for you would be to have a proper exam.

Implant Size Increase

+1

I perform size upgrades in this range all the time.  You can increase the profile of the implant to better fit your chest wall - no problem.  Please find the plastic surgeon with the best credentials to perform this revision for you.

Larger breast implants

+1

When saline implants are overfilled, the base diameter actually gets even smaller.  So you are increasing the base by more than 3cm, and reducing the projection by 0.6cm.  That is a very wide implant.  You might be better off looking at a high profile implant (or even an extra high profile implant), so that the implant is narrower, and you'll get better projection.  Discuss with your surgeon.

Dennis Dass, MD

Moving Up in Implant Size

+1

In general 700 cc implants are too big for anyone.  I would not recommend that.  You may need a revision but you might want to consider keeping your current size or downsizing a bit.

Dr.ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast Implants Exchange Calculus

+1

Measuring breast implant base diameters, projection, and relating that to your chest wall dimensions and tissue parameters can only be done in person by a trained and experienced plastic surgeon.  Sorry, you just can't try to do it yourself and it can't be done online.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust and go with what he or she recommends.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

I can't answer your question, but if you have 600cc now, and go up to 700cc, I do not think you will notice enough of a difference to justify the cost.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Re-augment sizing

+1

I don't think it is possible for anyone to answer this query without a physical exam.Obviously, you have a plastic surgeon and, if you are concerned about sizing, you should return to his office for a lengthy discussion.  Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Implant Exchange HELP!?

+1

Unfortunately, the main part of your question cannot be answered without an exam. Trying to teach you to measure the width of your implanted breast over the internet will not be a fruitful process. 

Yes, the proposed implants are 3 cm wider than what you have now. That is a lot wider for most patients. Without photos, height weight info, a guess as to whether that is appropriate will be without value. 

A high profile or extra high profile implant of that volume will not have as much added width, and those might be considered by you and your surgeon. Thanks for your question, best wishes.