Honest Opinions on my Recent BA Exchange 1/21/13? (photo)

exchanged 450 shells Mentor mod+filled to 550/600. They were uneven. i Wanted 1 cup fuller with silicone and to have both breasts sit evenly on my chest. Ended up with the 700 mid range Natrelle. They r 2 close together on my chest now & i feel that I should Have went w/750-800 HP???Please tell me if you feel my worrying about developing symmastia?! Should I have used 750 or 800 HP instead?!?! I lost the upper fullness. AND I can fit into my old bras...with a lil room to spare! ;( I can't win!

Breast implant revision

+1

Your shape is greatly improved and you have a more natural appearance than before.  In your pre-op photos it appears that the implants were too high, now the implants are in better position.  My guess is that you liked the high appearance even though your shape was not as nice. I would vote against going to a larger sized implants.  You do not have synmastia YET but keep pushing it and you will.  

Improved Breasts After Breast Implant Revision

+1

In general, revisionary breast augmentation is not as easy to perform as the first time, because of scar tissue, capsules, malposition of the implants and sagging. It appears that your breasts are more symmetrical, fuller and appear more natural. Your 700cc implants are large enough. Ideally, breast implants are centered behind the nipples. If you had the high profile implants you would not have as much cleavage or the implants would have lacked outer fullness. Your revision surgery was a success!

Richard Wellington Swift, MD

Breast Implant revision

+1

There appears to be a significant improvement in your breast shape after the revision.  The breasts appear much more natural and although they are closer together, I do not think you will develop symmastia.  I would not recommend any further surgery or implant replacement at this time as the improvement would be limited at best.

Lawrence Enisman, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Honest Opinions on my Recent BA Exchange 1/21/13?

+1

When correcting significant volume/shape issues, as was done expertly, you inherit new issues as width and closeness of the breasts. At the end of the day are you better off now than before is the question??? I think YES! 

Good early improvement of breast augmentation

+1

I agree with previous responses that you have gotten significant improvement. Please wait for final results in a few months. And bear in mind that by going larger may raise the risk of synmastia. Keep in touch with your surgeon as he or she has done a nice job with your revision so far. 

Deborah Pan, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Opinion on revision augment

+1
I think that the revised breasts do look much improved but that, by selecting such large implants, you have created a new set of issues. However, you are so early in the recuperation that you need to have a little patience and wait for the swelling to go down.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Implant issues

+1

700 cc implants are quite large and they may be too wide for your chest. Without an exam it is difficult to say what would be best for you.

#BreastAugmentation Revision Surgery

+1

From your photos, it does appear that you have had an improvement in your overall shape. But, the implants no matter what the profile are large. The HP implants are more narrow, and likely a better choice unless your breast width is extremely wide. The upper pole fullness was lost likely due to the malposition of your implants to start. It is far too soon in your recovery to make any decisions. You need to stay in touch with your plastic surgeon to follow your recovery closely.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Opinion about your implant exchange

+1

I think you got a very nice improvement in symmetry and overall shape. My honest opinion is that the implants are too wide for you and this is why your implants are so close in the middle. A high profile (or even an ultra high profile) implant would have given you more projection but with a more narrow base width.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Opinion about Outcome of Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Overall, I think that you should be pleased with the improvement of breast implant positioning and symmetry. I do not think that you have to be concerned about the development of symmastia.

Your concerns about upper pole fullness are understandable;  it is possible that the use of a larger volume (with same diameter) breast implant or somewhat overfilled the saline breast implant would have been an option;  however, there are downsides to each option available.

Overall, if you are generally pleased with the outcome of surgery ( understanding that “perfection” is rarely achieved),  I would suggest that you enjoy  the outcome and avoid further surgery for now.