What Bra Type Would Be Best for Me?

I am having Breast Implant Revision Surgery in about a month due to my implants dropping to low. My ps says I need to wear a non underwire bra but something with a lot of support and a straight thicker band. That sounds like a sports bra to me but i wear sports bras a lot now. Im wondering why my sports bras dudnt do their job properly. I had my implants put in 9 months ago. I went from a small b to a small dd 375 cc smooth round high profile. How can i prevent this from happening again?

Breast Implant Revision and Bra Support

+1

Your plastic surgeon will probably be performing pocket revision with capsulorrhaphies to support the IMF and to prevent implant descent.   I would follow the bra suggestion provided by your surgeon.  This time you will have stitches supporting the implants.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bra

+1

Since your surgeon will know best what is being performed internally it is also best to follow their post operative instructions

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Follow your surgeon's advice about bra after breast revision

+1

There are different philosophies about the best type of bra to wear after revision breast surgery, especially after correction of "bottoming out." There will likely be some internal sutures along the bottom edge of the breast where the capsule was repaired, so a bra with too much pressure there from an under wire might be uncomfortable. however, it is alo important to support the repair. Your own surgeon will have specific advice.

Richard Baxter, MD

Support Breast Garment

+1
Designs Veronique has some excellent breast stabilizing garments for patients undergoing revisionary breast surgery for malpositioned implants. Discuss this matter further with your surgeon. All the best.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Bra for after surgery

+1

I think that is it best to review what your surgeon wants with that surgeon. Good luck with your future procedure.

Best Bra after Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you experienced after breast augmentation surgery. I would suggest that you ask your plastic surgeon for more specific advice,  given that he knows exactly what procedure is planned and what his preferences are in this regard.  Otherwise, the advice you receive online may be confusing and somewhat irrelevant given that your plastic surgeon is ultimately responsible for your care.

I would also suggest that you ask your plastic surgeon about limitations of activity that should be adhered to after correction of “bottoming out”.

Bra after revision for bottoming out

+1

I would follow your doctor's recommendation. I am not sure what he has planned for lifting the dropped implants, he just wants to make sure you have good support under the breasts.  Some women have thinner, stretchier tissues which make them at higher risk for dropped implants, especially if the implants are larger and heavier.

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

What Bra Type Would Be Best for Me?

+1

I think you need to get a more specific recommendation from your surgeon. I often prefer an underwire in this setting, even if it needs some padding to minimize the discomfort early on. Best wishes.