Could Juvederm Injected Inside Mouth into Upper Cheek Area Migrate Behind the Eye & Cause Excessive Puffy Lid and Sore Eyeball?

Puffy Eye after Cheek Filler

+2

It does appear that your right eye is more proptotic (is more prominent - sticks out more) than your left.  It would be helpful to see a "before" photo for comparison.  The small picture is too blurry. Filler can potentially track into areas unintended, but are usually harmless in those areas unless they get infected. Soreness is a concerning symptom and increasing proptosis is especially concerning if that is happening.  The safest thing to do is get seen by an ophthalmologist ASAP. Take before photos with you.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

I don't think that transoral injection of Juvederm is a good idea

+1

Injecting filler through the mouth invites all the bacteria in the mouth to possibly infect the filler.  I am fastidious with my sterile technique to try to avoid bacteria with hospital grade cleansers.  Addressing your problem in particular, you should see your physician immediately and/or an eye specialist - Ophthalmologist to see what is causing this problem.  It's possible that the injection was behind the orbital septum, thus leading to this swelling, which is not normal.  I would see a doctor which uses blunt cannulas around the eye in the future.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Desin, Fl.  

Web reference: http://stevenfweinermd.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/blunt-tipped-micro-cannulas-are-the-bomb-for-dermal-fillers-dr-steve-weiner/