Are my Breasts Going to Drop Quite a Bit and Become Fuller in the Bottom? (photo)

My ps said I should end up with a full c, I'm not happy with how they look right now, my nipples are looking saggy and pointy, as well as my breasts, are 350 ccs going to make them fuller over time ? Started flat 32A, 103 pounds, 5"3 , no kids

Will my breasts drop and will it be fuller at the bottom?

+1

From your photos, it looks like you are early in the healing phase but so far it looks like you are doing well and moving right along!  Everyone is different in healing time, so try to be patient.  They can continue to change in shape and fill out in the lower pole anywhere from 3-6 months.  Give it some time, continue with your follow up appts and re-evaluate at that time.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Are my Breasts Going to Drop Quite a Bit and Become Fuller in the Bottom?

+1

The posted photos demonstrate the early healing phase you are in - 2 weeks post op?. Allow 3 months of healing with downward pressure exercises to see the implants fill your inferior pockets. Early great result! 

Gravity and time will improve your results!

+1

Although some plastic surgeons will state that implants should be placed where they will "end up" and use post-op bras to try to "hold them in place," there are two facts that tend to refute this line of thought:

• Gravity is always present and "rests" for no person. Implants are not immune to gravity.
  • Unless you are in the 3% or so of patients who form thick, hard scars, or develop capsular contracture, scars mature, soften, and stretch to some degree.

These facts mean that over time, you and pretty much every patient who has implants (whether above or below the muscle) can expect that tissues will stretch, scars (and implant capsules) will mature and soften, and implant position will drop.

This, of course, requires that your surgeon utilize precise, careful technique (no blunt dissection), meticulous hemostasis (accurate control of even the smallest bleeding vessels), and avoidance of bacterial contamination (biofilm formation leading to increased risk of capsular contracture). Bleeding, bruising, ace wraps or surgical bras, and/or (God forbid) breast drains pretty much mean your surgeon does not agree with these scientific and clinically-proven ideas, and perhaps relies on higher rates of capsular contracture to maintain position (but at the cost of unnaturally-firm "Baywatch coconut" breasts).

Since scars typically take an average of 7 months to fully mature (also shown in several studies of wound healing), most surgeons and their patients will have to wait this length of time to see a "final" appearance. What no surgeon can predict in advance is how long it takes to reach final implant position, or just where that final position is. (This is also why premature re-operation is not recommended in most cases.)

This length of time also means that the patient and surgeon have this opportunity to influence the healing by appropriate use of implant displacement exercises to keep the surgical pockets open and larger than the implants themselves, and elastic bandeaus to help downward implant migration (or to differentially hold one implant in place while aiding the downward movement of an asymmetrically higher one). When ready, even brassieres can influence final pocket position, size, and the resultant appearance!

So, drop you will, but how long and how much is impossible to predict for your own unique anatomic and surgical details. (This is why "starting a bit on the high side" is a good surgical plan--it helps to minimize "bottoming out" and when [rare] re-operation is necessary to change position, it is much easier and more successful to lower implant position than to raise and maintain a higher position!)

As for size, most surgeons here on RealSelf disagree as to how many cc equals one bra cup size (further complicated by the fact that bra manufacturers vary so much themselves). After 26 years and several thousand breast augmentation patients, I believe it takes about 250cc to equal one cup size. 350cc implants should therefore yield just under one and a half cup sizes larger than what you started with. With Victoria's Secret brassieres, this might be a "full C cup," but with most other bra manufacturers this will make you a full B or small C. Based on your data and photographs, these implants may make you a bit smaller than your stated "ideal," but you will likely still look wonderful and hopefully be happy.

But wait and see how your tissues soften, stretch, and heal to assess your "final" breast appearance. You can always go larger, but I prefer and recommend more careful sizing, goal photographs, and discussion before surgery so re-operation can hopefully be avoided! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/breast-procedures/breast-augmentation

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+1

It looks from these photos that surgery was quite recent. It is way early to consider this a final result. Your implants appear to be high riding, as is common early after surgery, and it can take 3-6 months for the implants to "drop". As they drop the breasts will seem more full in the lower poles. I would expect a C cup with the size implants you have and a A starting size.

Patience. All the best. 

Time, weight and gravity are on your side - breasts will change shape over time

+1

You are still very early in the post operative period and you can be assured that your breast shape will change over the coming months.   At this point too early to judge final result.  Time, weight and gravity are on  your side.

Implants early post-op

+1

You look very early post-op.  You have to give it 3-6 months for things to settle and see how they are.  Be patient.

You need to give it time to heal

+1

You just had surgery and need to wait for the final results(3-6 months). Your before pictures would be helpful to evaluate the results.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Are my Breast Implants Going to Drop Quite a Bit and Become Fuller in the Bottom?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Given that you are  relatively “fresh” out of surgery, it is too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. Although I cannot provide you with precise predictions, I can tell you that patients generally do not "lose a cup size" as the healing process continues.  In my practice, I find that as breast implants “settle” (drop and fluff),  over the course of the first few months, many patients feel that their breasts appear larger/fuller.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Volume distribution of breast implants may take a couple months.

+1

Almost all implants appear to ride high immediately after breast augmentation. This is because the swelling the tissues artificially supports the volume of the prosthesis. This will improve as swelling dissipates.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

What to expect over time

+1

You did not mention how far out from surgery you are.  When implants are placed under the chest muscle, I tell my patients not to expect their final results for a minimum of two to three months.  Also, breasts tend to get smaller over time following a breast augmentation as swelling subsides and the implants drop.  Also, you will become adjusted to the change in your body image.  Your initial impression should be that they are too big because, over time, they will settle.  If you don't think they are big enough now then you will be disappointed later on because they will not get bigger.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.