350cc Tear Drop Coheisive Gel Moderate Plus, Under Muscle Concern? (photo)

I'm 5"3 , 103 pounds, no children. I'm concerned as my left breast on the left side seems to have a bit of an indent , also when I press on the lower left side I feel it on the lower right side of my breast , is this any concern?

Concern?

+1

This is obviously an early post op photo. I see nothing that would be of concern to me. It is common to be able to feel the lower pole of the implant. Any concerns are far better discussed with your surgeon. All the best. 

Implants will change

+1

Hello, as others have suggested its best to allow some time for your body and gravity to do their work. Your breasts will look considerably different in three months. Continue with your follow up appointments and make sure to share your concerns with your surgeon, but give your body time to adjust.

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

350cc Tear Drop Coheisive Gel Moderate Plus, Under Muscle Concern?

+1

Not sure the posted photos describe or demonstrate the issues you are describing. Best to allow a few months of healing or seek second opinions IN PERSON. 

Implants and issues

+1

Palpability is common along the lower pole often due to less soft tissue coverage. As fo rthe other issues, you have to give it time to settle.

Too early to judge early results

+1

Your concerns are appreciated.  You are very early in the post operative period and it is just too early to judge your result.  If you are experiencing problems you should check with your plastic surgeon.  

Tear drop cohesive gel implants will feel firm, especially early on after surgery

+1

While you did not specify exactly how long it has been since your surgery, from the looks of the breasts and the fact that you still have tape strips over your incisions it was not that long ago.  The breasts will appear firm for several weeks or even a couple of months after surgery, and they may seem uneven during this time too.  This may be especially true with the cohesive gel implants as they are "stiffer" than the memory gel or natrelle implants.  It sounds like this is also the explanation for why you feel the implant pressing against your muscle when you push on the outside of the breast - it is firm enough, and the tissues are still stiff and swollen enough that you are literally pushing the implant across your chest as it does not compress that well.  My best advice to you is to wait for two or three months to go by and re-evaluate the results with your surgeon.  Nobody can really say anything about the breasts until the tissues have finally settled and softened.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Concerns after Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures, but your concerns cannot be adequately evaluated online. Best to address these concerns with your plastic surgeon who has the benefit of in-person examination. Keep in mind, that this early out of surgery, it is much too early to evaluate the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

350cc Tear Drop Cohesive Gel Moderate Plus, Under Muscle Concern?

+1

Based on you photo's you are much to early in your post operative healing process to be concerned about anything. Keep in close contact with your surgeon and follow his or her post-op instructions.

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Cohesive gel implant under muscle

+1

It looks like you still have bandages. I would not be too concerned at this point. Follow-up closely with your plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

+1

Based on your photos, there does not appear to anything to be concerned about at this point.  Mild irregularities like you described and weird sensations will gradually go away as the healing process continues.  Just make sure you follow up with your PS as instructed.

Rigo Mendoza, MD