Had a Tummy Tuck 6 Weeks Ago and Little Blister/pimple Like Bump on my Belly Button, Should I Be Worried? (photo)

Hello, I started using silicone strips..and put one on belly button for scar...and when I removed it I noticed a small blister/pimple like bump on BB scar. This wasn't there before. What could this be? I tried to pop it.. it hurts and won't pop. It does look like it has some white in it..and also clear-ish fluid. Please advise with your expert opinion, thanks.

Belly button blister

+1

Hi,

It is doubtful that this is related to anything you put on the scar.  It certainly fits the reaction to a deep absorbable suture that would be used for the closure of the belly button.

Show your plastic surgeon so you can get some clarification.  This will settle down over time and maybe it will need to be explored under local anesthesia if it is a buried stitch with reactivity.

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Suture most likely

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  This is most likely the result of a suture.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to confirm the diagnosis and perform the treatment by opening that area up under local anesthesia.  On occasion it can be the signs of a deeper process but I would not worry about that possibility at this time.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Bump on my Belly Button,

+1

There is most likely an undissolved suture. With a bit of local anesthesia your surgeon should be able to removed this quite easily, and resolve this issue. This is not an emergency!

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Had a Tummy Tuck 6 Weeks Ago and Little Blister/pimple Like Bump on my Belly Button, Should I Be Worried?

+1

Call you surgeon or see him/her sooner than later. Appears as a suture line incision issue. Not to much to be concerned about but does need care. 

Blister

+1

It looks like a stitch is spitting out. Sometimes the ody doesn't absorb absorbable stitches. I bet it's a virulent suture coming out. In any case, go see your ps. They wil need to address it either by removing the suture or making wound dressing suggestions. 

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C) 

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Wouldn't worry.

+1

I wouldn't worry. It looks like it's a benign reaction to a spitting suture(stitch). Your doctor may recommend covering it with an anti microbial dressing or treating it in one if several other ways.  Don't keep it a secret. Let them know.

Peter D. Geldner, MD