I'm 120 and 5'3. Measurements - 30, 23, 38 and Would Like to Go from a 32A to a DD. Reasonable?

Very Athletic. Most of my weight is on my thighs and buttocks. I've been a sprinter my entire life and currently do strength training exercises such as back squats, dead lifts etc at high weight and reps. Size 3 in jeans. My shoulders all around measure 38 inches. (I do pull ups, bench press, dips etc) With this being said, I just want to look more proportional to my body by increasing my breast size but I'm not sure if a DD suits me best.

A to DD

+2

Without an exam it is difficult to assess what would be best for you.  Often an A can not go to a DD unless the skin is stretched from pregnancy.  The patient can have a smaller implant at first and then if they want can go into a larger implant later on when things have stretched out.  An exam is key.

A to DD Suiting Frame

+2

An A to a D is about all you can expect from a breast augmentation while not violating chest wall measurements.  You should also consider how an implant that large may affect your activities.   An A to C enhancement is probably more reasonable, but the size choice between C or D is a personal one.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD