I'm 120 and 5'3. Measurements - 30, 23, 38 and Would Like to Go from a 32A to a DD. Reasonable?

Very Athletic. Most of my weight is on my thighs and buttocks. I've been a sprinter my entire life and currently do strength training exercises such as back squats, dead lifts etc at high weight and reps. Size 3 in jeans. My shoulders all around measure 38 inches. (I do pull ups, bench press, dips etc) With this being said, I just want to look more proportional to my body by increasing my breast size but I'm not sure if a DD suits me best.

A to DD

+2

Without an exam it is difficult to assess what would be best for you.  Often an A can not go to a DD unless the skin is stretched from pregnancy.  The patient can have a smaller implant at first and then if they want can go into a larger implant later on when things have stretched out.  An exam is key.

A to DD Suiting Frame

+2

An A to a D is about all you can expect from a breast augmentation while not violating chest wall measurements.  You should also consider how an implant that large may affect your activities.   An A to C enhancement is probably more reasonable, but the size choice between C or D is a personal one.

Would Like to Go from a 32A to a DD. Reasonable?

+2

Without a photo and some measurements, particularly the breast width, it is impossible to say this is reasonable. I can say that it is unusual to have an attractive result in any patient going up 4 cup sizes. Furthermore, with your level of activity, placing implants under the muscle may be unsatisfactory to you due to animation, or breast movement with flexion of the pectoral muscles, so consideration may be given to placing these above the muscle, and that my further limit the sizing options. 

As a guidleline, surgeons prefer to limit the width of the implant to the width of the patient's natural breast tissue.

Best advice is to have an in person consultation to review your goals, and how best to achieve them, or at least  how close you can get. When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD