Upper Eyelid Surgery 29 Days Ago, Noticed a Couple Soft Bumps Below Incision Line? (photo)

I had upper eye lid surgery on May 1st 2013 so 29 days ago. All of the sudden on day 27 I noticed a couple of soft bumps below the incision line on my left eye, then this morning I saw one on the right eye. I read some of the responses on this site and this just may be part of the healing process. I didn't see exactly what I was experiencing with other members pics, I have also sent this info to my Dr and am awaiting a reply but decided to post here as well and get your opinion.

Bumps After Blepharoplasty?

+2

I think you're doing the right thing communicating with your plastic surgeon; at some point, if possible best to be evaluated in person. Usually, given the appearance of the scars in your photograph  one month out of surgery, the appearance of these areas will improve significantly over the course of the next several months.

Bumps After Blepharoplasty

+2

These look like milia- which are either a response to the suture material or simply irritation of the skin related to the closure. They do not look like anything to be concerned about and can be treated with warm compresses, massage, and ultimately if need be with removal using a small needles in the doctor's office. No worries. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper Eyelid Surgery 29 Days Ago, Noticed a Couple Soft Bumps Below Incision Line?

+2

Photos are posted slightly out of focus. But I think these are small retention ysys or milia. These can be opened by your doctor or use warm compress to express the material in each cyst. 

Bumps along lower eyelid after blepharoplasty

+2

Bumps or irregularity along the lower eyelid could be due to puckering of the skin or from some residual dissolving suture, which is typically what surgeons use for the lower lid. Either way it should resolve within 3-6 months. If it is red or irritated it could be a minor reaction to a suture, and you should show this to your surgeon.

Cory Goldberg, MD

Small suture bumps following eyelid surgery

+2

These small bumps that appear after eyelid surgery are usually suture track cysts otherwise known as milia.  These can be easily unroofed with a lancet and should heal up with out any consequences.  

Emerging of minor skin irregularities after blepharoplasty can have several causes but are self-limited.

+2

Not exactly sure what you have but there may have been several deep sutures placed the generate small inflammatory areas around them. These are self-limited. Your surgeon should more accurately be able to sort this out.

Couple of possibilities..

+2

One could be that you surgeon may have used some deep sutures to which you may be having a minor inflammatory response [suture granuloma]. The other, more likely possibility is that you have developed very small cysts [epidermal inclusion cysts] at the site of the sutures tracks.

These are very common and your surgeon can address them relatively easily.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Likely to be nothing but definitely warrants an exam by your surgeon.

+2

Many little lumps and bumps associated from healing do resolve with time.  However, it is possible to have small cysts which are trapped skin elements that actually get larger in time.  Things that go away on their own just require reassurance.  The little cysts are generally very simple to open and remove.  However, there is no substitute for your surgeon physically examining you and providing personal reassurance.  That is called taking you home from the dance and email does not replace that personal touch.