How much will it cost to completely closed my stretched lobes?

When I was 13, I stretched my ears to 1/2 inch. I'm 17 now. I took my gauges out in April so they could shrink down, since I'm not allowed to enlist in the marine corps until there's no light shining through them at all. They're probably about size 6 (4 at the most, it's hard to tell) after a few months of having nothing in them. You can barely tell if you don't stretch the lobe, but they need to be completely closed to join. How much would it cost for both lobes?

Pricing

+1
Earlobe repair is a very common procedure. Frequently, we have patients who will have the procedure done the same day as the consultation. Typically, the cost is between $450-850 per earlobe, depending on the severity and the length of the procedure. The length of time the ears have been gauged should have no effect on the procedure. As long as the tissue is no longer irritated or inflamed, there is no reason not to give it a try. Gauged ears are sometimes more difficult than some other earlobe repairs since the tissue is so over stretched, but we are still able to create a natural looking earlobe.

Cost

+1
Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon as pricing varies from surgeon to surgeon. Price can range from $400-$800. You will be able to re-pierce your ears 2 months after you have the earlobe repair done. Good luck, Dean Vistnes. 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Ear lobe repair

+1
Ear lobe repair cost depends on the complexity. Simple repair such as closing an enlarged hole is approximately $250-$350/ear lobe. If you have tissue missing or through and through ear lobe tear, the cost can increase to $400-$500/ear lobe.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe repairs

+1
The cost of an earlobe repair depends on the area in which you live. It typically costs between $500-800 per ear lobule to repair. I enjoy performing repairs. You are given local numbing injections into the earlobe, and the affected area is removed, which leaves a clean edge which can be brought together with stitches. Both ear lobules should be as symmetric as possible.

It is important to visit a board-certified plastic or dermatologic surgeon who has performed this type of repair before. Please ask to see before and after photos. 

Andrea Hui, MD
San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon

Earlobe repair

+1
The cost is generally between $500-700/ear and this is safely done under local anesthetic in about 30-60 minutes. The most important part of this operation is for your surgeon to maintain the natural curve of the earlobe and provide you with a proportionate earlobe size.

Avi Islur, MD, FRCSC
Manitoba Plastic Surgeon

+1
The  repair of the stretched ear lobe is a great procedure that can restore the ear lobe to a “normal” appearance".  Care must be taken during this procedure to avoid reducing the size of the air and/or creating a notch/ depressed appearance in the area of the rim of the ear lobe.   It is usually done under local anesthesia with very high patient satisfaction rates. Costs of surgery range from $500-$1000  for both ears, in our practice.  You will find many examples of this procedure performed on this website and on the attached link as well. Best wishes.

Obturator earlobe repair cost

+1
I agree, typically we see this done for those who want to enter the military.
I perform the repair in the office under local anesthesia. It's a good procedure that I enjoy immensely.
$400 per ear.

Bryson G. Richards, MD

Earlobe repair

+1
Repairing gauge holes can vary.  Some I have treated have been quite large.  As for cost this can vary. It may cost $750-1500 for repair for each ear in NYC.

Earlobe gauge holes

+1
Surgical repair of earlobe gauge holes is a common request and many of those requesting repair do so in order to join the military.  Prices vary quite a bit as does experience of different surgeons.  I enjoy performing the repairs and have done a lot of them.  I also keep my prices affordable because I know that those joining the military don't have a lot of extra dough lying around.  I charge $700 for both earlobes all inclusive.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

+1
The typical cost is $500 - 1000 per side. This depends upon your location and the surgeon that you choose to perform the procedure. Stretched earlobe repair takes 60-90 minutes in office under local anesthesia. You can usually drive your self home afterward. Sutures are removed at about 5 days. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon