How Much is a Tummy Tuck Going Too Cost Me? (photo)

I see all kinds of pricing all over the internet, and dont have time for consultations. I know every person is different, but not knowing how much its going too cost I feel gives me alot of lost hope. And makes me not want too walk into any door. I live in the VA area, and have looked like this since I was 16. I am now 23 and trying too figure out how much is this going to cost me. I dont want too go another day looking like this. Based on the pictures what procedure will I need and how much?

Costs of Tummy Tuck

+1
Thank you for your post.
In considering the cost of a Tummy Tuck, you should look at the components of the cost:
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
5. Revision. Usually a revision such as dog ears or lowering the scar, or a seroma, is much less that the original surgery, but this depends entirely on what exactly is being done.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
Best Wishes,
Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

How much does a tummy tuck cost?

+1

In my practice the total cost for a typical tummy tuck is around $7500.  This cost covers the surgeon, the OR fees, and the anesthesiologist.  Based on your pictures a typical tummy tuck would likely be indicated but the only way to be sure requires a consultation.  There are financing companies such as carecredit.com that offer attractive interest rates that allow for payments of a few hundred dollars a month.  Costs for tummy tuck surgery will vary in different areas of the country.  Good luck!

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Shopping for a Tummy Tuck

+1

I recommend you do take the time to see as many surgeons as you can to find one you feel comfortable and confident with. You can find many qualified plastic surgeons in the Willimasburg, VA Beach, Richmond, DC areas who offer free consultations.

Your pictures suggest you need a full abdominoplasty, and if you wanted to reduce the extra skin around your hips onto your back, you could benefit from an extended abdominoplasty (scar extends onto back). 

The various prices you find on the internet reflect the various prices you will find on your consultations. It's a big decision and a big operation, so find someone certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with whom you feel most comfortable and confident (not necessarily the cheapest). Also do not over extend yourself financially with this elective procedure. You should want to do this because it will make you feel better, not stressed over finances.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck cost in Baltimore

+1

The average cost for a tummy tuck in Baltimore is about 6-10K.  This is so variable because of the different kinds of tummy tuck out there and because liposuction may be required to meet your aesthetic goals.  However, from your photos it looks like you can get a great result from a standard tummy tuck, which costs around 7-8K.  Thanks for your question!  Dr. Schreiber....Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

How Much is a Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question and for the photos. The photos are most useful, but don't show the whole story, so a consultation will be needed to choose the correct procedure and determine pricing.

From the photos it is clear that you should expect an excellent improvement. You do have a lot more skin laxity than some, and what I cannot tell from photos alone is whether an extended TT would be sufficient (longer than the usual incision, but limited to what your surgeon can reach without doing a turn during surgery) or whether you would be better to have the incision extended around the back, or a vertical incision incision along the front in addition to the standard horizontal incision. 

The prices on Realself are actual prices, as such more reliable than a guess from a surgeon. An extended TT will have a premium of about $2000. So will a vertical TT. If an extension around the back is needed (belt lipectomy or lower body lift) , figure on twice the standard TT price.

If you want to consider this, you need to find time for consultations.When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank your for your question, best wishes.

A full tummy tuck is going to be around 10K

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  You are definitely a candidate for a full/extended tummy tuck and may also be a good candidate for a circumferential tummy tuck also referred to as a lower body lift.  Prices will range from plastic surgeon to plastic surgeon but it will likely be around 8-10K for a full/extended tummy tuck and around 16-20K for a circumferential tummy tuck (lower body lift).

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

How much is my tummy tuck going to cost me??

+1

Hi thanks for posting your pictures.  I am just up the road in Richmond, I hope the Hurricane didn't do too much damage down there in Williamsburg.

Tummy Tuck is an all encompassing term that many people take to be a single operation that makes your belly look better.  However, there are many variables that go into determining what the BEST operation is for YOU.

I see that you are now 23 and you said that you were this way since age 16.  How did you have such a weight fluctuation?  Have you ever been pregnant?  Are you planning to be pregnant?  Is your weight stable?  What is your goal weight?  What is your present height and weight?  Are there any medical issues, have you had any operations on your abdomen?

What bothers you about your abdomen and the rest of your body.  Please place things that bother you in a rank order......

These are a few of the things that I ask when I meet a patient for the first time.  I do not believe that it is fair for the patient or the surgeon to throw out prices without a really good history and exam for a case such as yours.

from the photos, i can see that you have both vertical and horizontal excess present in your abdomen with very prominent stretchmarks from the upper thigh to almost the bottom of your breasts.  It appears that you have excess fat in the flanks with stretch marks extending around posteriorly as well.

Your options as I see it are 1. Traditional abdominoplasty with flank liposuction, 2.  Corset abdominoplasty (horizontal, vertical, sometimes inframammary incision 3. Circumferential Torsoplasty. 

All of these procedures have different costs and all of them have their own set of pros and cons to consider.  I would say that you could expect to spend 10 to 20 thousand depending on how extensive you would want to go.

Tummy tucks are real operations with real risks, please consider a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so that you can voice your objective for surgery and hear the risks and benefits and options that you have. 

Addendum:  Thanks for answering some of the additional questions that I have.  At your height and weight, you are a great candidate.  As I said before, what you need to consider is what is more important length of scar or final abdominal contour?  Obviously the larger operations are more expensive and the prices that I quoted you were the "all in"  prices (surgeon, operating room, and anesthesia fees)  The best move is to have an in person consult.  Best wishes.

Stephen M. Chen, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon