Will Weight Loss After Breast Augmentation Affect Results?

If I lose 14lbs in weight after breast augmentation, will that affect the appearance much?

Weight loss and its effect on the appearance of breast implants.

+2

In many instances, weight loss can create the appearance of sagging breasts overlying the implant and in other instances I have seen the appearance of breast implant rippling.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Weight loss and breast appearance

+2

Significant weight loss may affect the way the breasts look long term.  It is hard to predict.  Some breasts contain more fatty tissue than others.

Weight loss might affect breast augmentation results

+2

The best thing to do before any cosmetic body procedure is get to the weight you can maintain over the long term first. This makes questions like this "non issues." The answer is "yes," things might change as you lose (or gain) weight. They don't always, but they can.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for the question. Although weight loss will not have a direct effect on your breast implants,  significant weight loss may affect the appearance of your breasts in general. It is difficult to predict how a specific young lady's breasts will change with weight loss; how the breasts were affected historically with weight loss may be  the best indication how you will do.
Generally speaking, significant weight loss can lead to some change in breast tissue (and/or nipple/areola) position;  this “sagging” is called breast ptosis medically.
Sometimes, patients who lose weight will have a smaller amount of breast/soft tissue coverage overlying the breast implants; this change in breast anatomy may lead to a greater degree of breast implant palpability and/or rippling.  In these cases, the breasts may also appear smaller.
Therefore, generally speaking, it is in patient's best interest to achieve a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing elective breast surgery.
I hope this, and the attached link, help.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Meals on wheels again

+1

Meals,

A fourteen pound weight loss may indeed result in a decrease in breast size after augmentation.  This is very individually dependent.  If you have an idea of how your breasts react to weight changes, the reaction will be similar after breast augmentation.  Good luck!

Significant weight loss or gain can affect breast augmentation results

+1

Significant weight loss such as 14 pounds may affect the breasts if you have substantial fat in the breast. If you do, then weight loss will make the breast smaller and may result in the breast skin becoming loose and the breast sagging. Even with breast implants, if this happens, the breast may look smaller and drop a bit.

I always recommend that you obtain your final desired weight before having any body contouring surgery such as breast augmentation.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/