Will Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Results Return After Weight Loss?

I had Liposuction for my chest and a full Tummy Tuck on September 24 2008. Unfortuanetly, I gained 10 kgs after these procedures. Will I get back the results I had with these procedures if I lose the weight?

Weight gain after Tummy Tuck and Lipo

+2

Thanks for your question.

It is difficult to say for sure what will happen as you begin to shed the weight you gained after your procedure. You will certainly have improvements over your current contour.

The issue is, weight fluctuations create issues for skin elasticity potentially creating a situation where you may have some loose skin whereas previously it was tight.

Good luck with your weight loss plans.

After liposuction, you gain/loose weight in proportion to your new fat distribution

+2

Anthony777,

After liposuction, you gain/loose weight in proportion to your new fat distribution. So, when you loose the weight, you will likely go back to your post-surgical shape. This is a good reminder that even though you have liposuction and other cosmetic surgery, you still need to maintain your weight and live a healthy lifestyle to maintain your results.

Web reference: http://www.RealPlasticSurgery.com

Weight Loss & exercise should do it

+2

Loosing the excess weight and exercise will help you a lot to get the same figure you had after your original surgery. Ten pounds weight gain is not a large enough amount to cause irreversible skin stretch. Hope that helps

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/liposuction/

Liposuction and tummy tuck results are long term.

+1

Hi.

The short answer to your question is : yes.  Liposuction and tummy tuck results will probably mostly come back when you lose weight.  Skin is very elastic.

Weight gain after Abdominoplasty and Liposuction

+1

Erratic weight fluctuations can affect the amount of skin resiliency and fat distribution of the body. Attempts to lose weight rapidly may not match your body's ability to shrink the skin in the same period of time. This can lead to a mismatch of the skin and underlying soft tissue, causing results that do not match your immediate post-procedural body contour.

Weight loss and liposuction

+1

With a large weight gain, liposuction results do not remain.  WIth subsequent weight loss, you may see similar results as you did after liposcution, but you may have looser skin now that it has stretched out some.

Good results from Liposuction reappear after weight loss

+1

It is very discouraging to gain weight after investing in a liposuction procedure, however this may happen more often than patients are willing to admit. The liposuction will effectively remove fat calls from specific areas treated to produce a sculpturing of say the chest or thigh. Weight gain thereafter will be deposited in remaining areas or fat cells available. The specific locations are modulated by hormonal balance and genetics. Some individuals will preferentially deposit fat differently than another, hence the need for liposuction in the first place.

Liposuction is very good at improving shape and contour, but is very poor at controlling weight gain. The good news however is that once you have restored exercise and healthy eating habits, weight loss will uncover the improvement that liposuction was able to achieve.

Use this as an incentive to regain your investment. You won't be disappointed.

Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/liposuction

Yes you will get the results back.

+1

Liposuction removes fat cells. The remaining cells can get larger(fatter) or smaller(thinner). Therefore, when you lose weight, the fat cells will get smaller and you should see the same result you had.