Will Smart Lipo Be Obvious?

I'm having Smart Lipo done on the 2nd week of January. No one has any idea I'm doing this, including my boyfriend. Will I be able to hide it until the swelling and drainage stop? How obvious will it be?

You can hide it, but it is a good idea to talk with your close friends prior to the procedure

+1

While it is technically possible to hide Smart Lipo from friends and family, it isn't a good idea to go into any cosmetic surgery procedure without telling at least a close friend or family member. The reason for this is that should something happen to you during or after the procedure, they will need to know what you have done and how best to help you.

Usually, a boyfriend is going to know what is going on unless you are living apart or not 'intimate'. The telltale signs are pretty obvious in the first week or so, but I have had some patients in 'odd' relationships with husbands where they never found out, but that is the exception rather than the rule.

Additionally, it isn't the best way to start or foster a relationship with a boyfriend to keep him out of the loop on something as major as this. Just my two cents worth...

Omaha Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.