Best Treatment for Nasolabial Folds?

I'm 37 years old and have had some facial fat loss. I've had Radiesse to the cheek area to help raise up the cheek to lift the ridge just above the Nasolabial fold. (The radiesse seems to last in the cheekbone area.) There are still definite nasolabial folds though, so I've had both radiesse and Juvederm injected in that area (2 different injectors 2 different times). Initially it looked as if the folds were filled. But 1-2 days later, they no longer appear filled! For some time I thought it was just that the initial swelling made it appear to be filled enough, but when the swelling went down, the folds came back. So I got more filler in the NL folds. The same exact thing would happen and in fact, it sometimes appeared as if the ridge above the folds may have gotten bigger, leaving me to believe that the filler had moved out of the Nasolabial folds to the ridge in the cheek above the fold (making it look worse). Has anyone else had this problem? This is very frustrating as I hear other people having wonderful results with Radiesse/Juvederm in Nasolabial Folds. Is there a particular injection technique that is less likely to cause this? Do you think I should try Restylane? I suspect the same thing would happen, but who knows?

Injection technique for your nasolabial folds

+2

Dear Gretel, It sounds as though the injection technique might be not working for you since Radiesse is excellent for a long term improvement of the upper nasolabial fold and Restylane or Juvederm for the lower aspect of the fold. Your anatomy might be tough though and of course your expectations of what the treatments can do must also be realistic. Usually, though a good correction can be done.